box help

Participant count
  • Participant list

rgr42
10+ year member

I'm building a box for my 2 hdc3 12s I just reconed to 10s, its gonna be 2.5 cubes, I would like to know if 2 4" port tubes facing down 3" off the floor would make port noise or not, and what should I tune it to? Thanks in advance

Well you have to choose between lows or spl, you can't really have both and the outcome is still subjective for each listener. For spl tune above 35hz, for lows tune below 33, 33-35 is in the middle, I personally felt 34-35lacked the lows. My daily tune is at 33hz and it gets into the mid 20s pretty good. I don't know a lot about AQ subs, just that they are more spl oriented so I'm not sure how they would handle a low tune.

Reason I'm askong is because I had the box at 38 hz when they were 12s and they were loud, sounded alright but the lows weren't great, I was wondering if I could tune those subs to like 34hz or something because the fs is 41 hz lol

Jeep wrangler, rubi 2500 and I reconed them to 10s because the 2 12s wouldent fit behind the seat and I had to take the seat out, so I'm putting the seat back in atd 2.5 net is the most I can fit, what woud you say to do? And goals are loud but would like a little sq

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.