box frequency check .

riddla
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
nf
According to re audio box calculator. I've put in the following for a 15in subwoofer.

36 wide x 18.5 high x 15.5 deep.

A square port width of 3.5in and a square port length of 16

It's giving me a box volume of 3.7cubes and a frequency of 30hz.

Can you double check if this is correct please in comparison to other programs you may be using. Thank you.

According to re audio box calculator. I've put in the following for a 15in subwoofer.
36 wide x 18.5 high x 15.5 deep.

A square port width of 3.5in and a square port length of 16

It's giving me a box volume of 3.7cubes and a frequency of 30hz.

Can you double check if this is correct please in comparison to other programs you may be using. Thank you.
Why don't you tell us what sub it is... someone might model it in Winisd for ya' and if you give vehicle dimensions maybe help with a box... RE Box calc is a joke BTW

I used Torres and entered .2 as the driver displacement, double baffled and slot ported on one end of the enclosure (see pic below) for a single 15" sub... This IS one of the most accurate calculators but your sub/power and box should be modeled together in Winisd first... then a calculator used to do it right...

3LVuyqc.jpg

0gVwGu.jpg

If you list your sub, amp, what load the amp is at and max available space (be sure it can be installed)... the sub/box combo can be optimized for your ACTUAL power and vehicle...

I used Torres and entered .2 as the driver displacement, double baffled and slot ported on one end of the enclosure (see pic below) for a single 15" sub... This IS one of the most accurate calculators but your sub/power and box should be modeled together in Winisd first... then a calculator used to do it right...
3LVuyqc.jpg

0gVwGu.jpg

If you list your sub, amp, what load the amp is at and max available space (be sure it can be installed)... the sub/box combo can be optimized for your ACTUAL power and vehicle...
Why would you build a port that big just to stuff it with only 2" of clearance to the rear hatch?

Why would you build a port that big just to stuff it with only 2" of clearance to the rear hatch?
Good question... IDK... this is a pic I pulled of the internet to illustrate the port configuration I used in Torres... why they did that?... IDK

OP... can't read that... is it a Fusion?.. wattage rating (RMS)... what amp, car and dimensions... I'm not even sure that sub is worth modeling...

Try the link. it works . no car specific as yet. just trying to get a box done. I have a incriminator IA20.1 AMP.

OP... can't read that... is it a Fusion?.. wattage rating (RMS)... what amp, car and dimensions... I'm not even sure that sub is worth modeling...

OK. Yes.Its the IA20.1 amplifier. the subs are dual 4.

OK... I'll give it a try but you need to list your amp and is it a dual 4?.. I'm just trying to find the correct vent size...

Yes its a fusion. the good old ones.
Subs?... as in plural?.. be very specific please... if you're putting them on a IA 20.1 at 1 ohm, I'll have to account for the power for sure... I don't think those subs will hang BTW...

I already modeled ONE... LOL!.. now you say two?.. I'll look but I thought you said a 15 in the first post...

I was hoping for a frequency in the 28hz to 333hz range.
28 to 333 hz?.. LOL!... that's setting the bar pretty low... you must mean 28-33 hz... correct?.. that's not a great sub... are you in a location that does not have better options?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.