Box for SE/SX Hybrid

Participant count
  • Participant list
Its from Discount Car Stereo in Kent, WA. The rep's name is Wes, and he really knows his stuff. Gave me an excellent lesson on XBL^2 tech and helped me figure out what my system should contain. I look forward to ordering some of the new components once my funds permit...

Well if he's a dealer and it does in fact have an SE coil, he's mis-leading you. I cant come to a conclusion why they would "custom" downgrade a driver.

I understand you only know what you've been told, but your voiding the warranty that Im unsure you have by sending it that much.

I know for a fact that the SE will take 1K, but he shouldnt be telling you that.

EDIT : WHAT OHM COILS DOES IT HAVE?

Yeah, I don't know, and I'm kind of surprised if this isn't any different than a normal SE that Resonant would even make it for me??? I know that it is 10 times harder to press down on mine that on the regular SE... Wes showed me this in the store - pressing on mine is like in between the firmness of the SE and the SX, but much closer to the SX. Doesn't this mean it will take more power to get the cone to reach the same excursion and in doing so give it more punch???

Dual 4 ohm coils - Wes said they're closer to 3.6 so I'll get more than 2 ohm power out of the amp when I wire the sub.

Yeah, I don't know, and I'm kind of surprised if this isn't any different than a normal SE that Resonant would even make it for me??? I know that it is 10 times harder to press down on mine that on the regular SE... Wes showed me this in the store - pressing on mine is like in between the firmness of the SE and the SX, but much closer to the SX. Doesn't this mean it will take more power to get the cone to reach the same excursion and in doing so give it more punch???
The more info you give, the more confused I get.

But heres an idea, the stiffness doesnt have anything to do with how efficient it is...

Soft spiders - smaller box

Stiff spiders - larger box

The spider is pretty darn stiff. I don't know exactly what to compare its flexibility to, but I would say that it is quite a bit above average. MUCH stiffer than my old Pioneer 12 thats supposed to take 500 rms and 1000 max.

The spider is pretty darn stiff. I don't know exactly what to compare its flexibility to, but I would say that it is quite a bit above average. MUCH stiffer than my old Pioneer 12 thats supposed to take 500 rms and 1000 max.
Like I said man, try 2.5^3's of free firing air to start with. The bigger you go the powerhandling will go down.

$240 for the sub - dual 4 ohm coils. i got screwed because since theres a dealer near me, I can't order from the factory. I have to pay like 15-20% more than other people who aren't near a physical RE store. My cap for a sub was $250, so this seemed to be the way to go.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.