Box for Kappa Perfect 10.1????

ochem2012

2 questions...

#1 Im going to build a box for my 10.1 perfect.. infinity recommends .6 ft^3 which "includes driver displacement". Does this mean build the box to exactly .6 ft^3 (which is a really small box), or make it larger so its volume is .6ft^3 after displacement of the woofer. Any input would really help.

#2 People say not to over power these subs, they are rated at 350 watts rms, and I will be running 360 watts rms to it, will this be too much???

NO YOU WILL NOT OVERPWER IT..It's an URBAN LEGEND that they cannot take more power..they say 1400MAX which is a stretch..but I have seen MANY people go to 500 watts and the sub is pleased..

Most retailers will sell the KAPPA Perfects with a free Q-Logic Box...These boxes hit good..I have heard them and they are up to par so you might save some money if you go that route.I have a neighbor who just got 1 10" infinity kappa perfect in a Q-Logic box powered by 600 watts of JL AUDIO...SO HELP ME GOD I THOUGHT HE STILL HAD HIS 2 12" JL SUBS WHEN I HEARD THEM..he said he wanted the infinity's for better SQ..but I could not tell the diffrence...And he WAS/IS a JL AUDIO WWHHOORREE!!!

That Sub is a great Sub...don't let anyone tell you otherwise..you won't be dissappointed I promise you!

if .6 ft^3 is what infinity recomends with the driver in the box than you build a box .6 cubic feet because what they are saying is the net volume will be .6 - sub dispalcement-brace displacement.

if 350 is rms rrating i don't see how 10 extra is gonna hurt it use your brain and don't abuse the sub.

i used a perfect 10.1 in a 1.3^3ft ported box tuned to 34 hz and it sounded awsome. it had great sound quality and i was very impressed with the spl. it only had 150 watts rms going into it but it still turned a few heads. a well built ported box is the way to go!!

2 questions...#1 Im going to build a box for my 10.1 perfect.. infinity recommends .6 ft^3 which "includes driver displacement". Does this mean build the box to exactly .6 ft^3 (which is a really small box), or make it larger so its volume is .6ft^3 after displacement of the woofer. Any input would really help.

#2 People say not to over power these subs, they are rated at 350 watts rms, and I will be running 360 watts rms to it, will this be too much???
and even IF the sub sux , 10w not a big issue //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

These Subs can take alot of Power...Here are 2 testimonials and Reviews about the Kappa Perfect 10.1d off sound domain and I have personally witnessed the same scenario with Kappa Perfects

"Well, we'll just say near perfect. If you are driving this in a .6 cu ft sealed box, be prepared to feed this sub some power. I have 2 in a sealed box that equals about 1.2004 cu ft total and with 1" MDF. This is overkill but the box will definantly stand the test of time. They are driven by a JBL 600.1 which is just enough power to make them hit. They are VERY clean and rattle my whole car. I might need to tweak my amp (just had them installed today) but they don't seem to hit nearly as low or high as I want them to. But with the aluminum vented basket and the aluminum cones, these subs are durable and really displace heat well. A very good buy for the price".

"The 10.1d is an awesome sub! I've had it in my Camaro for about a month now, so it's still being broken in, but it hits insanely hard anyway. I have 2 10s being fed 900W total from an Ultimate Digitalis amp, and they're begging for more! The best part (for me) is the sound quality; not only can they hit hard, but they can play accurate and very, very fast. They can keep up with any beat, but they really lose their impact under 60hz, and they have a pretty nice lil hump at 80hz. They don't sound one-notish at all, but when a high bass line comes up, you can feel the impact in your chest".

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.