Box For Infinity 12"

def1eppard
10+ year member

Ok, I'm about to buy some Infinity Kappa 5.25" components for the front of my car, and probably some 6.5" components for the rear. To finish it off, I wanna have an Infinity Perfect 12.1 sub in my trunk. It's rated at 350 watts rms. I've heard that Infinity subs are a nice way to go for tight clean bass so I wanna put it in a sealed box? Will this sound alright if I get someone to make me a box with the recommended 1.0 cubic foot volume? I don't really like the long droney bass. I know people are gonna try to tell me to buy some real expensive stuff, but this will be my first component set up and my first sub so it doesn't have to be perfect. I just wanna make sure that if I get this in a sealed box it's gonna sound good, but it hits hard enough for people to know i have a sub.

looks good but dont put a component set in the back. it will mess up your imaging and make everythine soound like its coming from the rear and sound kinda messed up.

What do you mean mess up the imaging? Well I was originally thinking of going for Kappa 6x9s in the rear. I'm gonna use a 300 watt 4 channel amp for the components in the front, and i guess 6x9s in the rear. But you think the sub will sound pretty good?

yeah those infinitys have great sq. i would go with 1 cube sealed for the box. go with the 6x9's youll be happier and its cheaper

Anybody else have anything to add on this? The rear setup thing is kinda worrying me. I don't want to order some rear speakers and then have it bother me cause it sounds weird mixed with the fronts. If I have some Kappa 693.5i 6x9's, will that be too much bass along with a sub and will that sound alright with the components up front or will it mess with my "imaging".

Although I cannot comment on the imaging, I would definately say go with 1cuft sealed on the Infinity, I had a 12" Infinity (2 days ago actually, before I upgraded) and now, after comparing it to an Eclipse Titanium, I would say that this sub is very good SQ for the price. And I had it in 1 cube sealed.

You could always go 6 1/2 component speakers in kick panels up front nothing in the rear and that sub in the trunk.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.