Box for 2 Obsidian 18 v2's

why does OA website say 4.5 - 6 cubes ported? i see guys running DCs all the time in 4 cube net enclosures
Because some people just insist on having a lot of cone area regardless of performance or proper enclosure. The company that makes the most ridiculous claim about how small you can put an 18" driver into will sell more 18's.

ok so why didnt anyone else say this then? i wasnt trying to argue anyone. I really want to run 18s, ive done 10s 12s(
What would be the smallest that you would give these per sub. Im not really a SQ guy honestly, as long as it sounds "ok" then im good. I mean i dont tune for lows or nothing, im still keeping it around 40hz to keep a good mix of daily & spl.
I told you twice when we were PMing back and forth to run 15s bud

Because some people just insist on having a lot of cone area regardless of performance or proper enclosure. The company that makes the most ridiculous claim about how small you can put an 18" driver into will sell more 18's.
I see. i wouldnt figure that DC xl 18s could work well in 4 cubes per but my friend/teammate has 4 xl 18s and after all disp they have 4 cubes each and it sounds good and is loud on "Real Time Music Ave" on Termlab.

[quote name='bgowdy31']im not trying to argue with your suggestion, ive just read, been told, and seen vids with small enclosures for these. also @Buck; said hes seen a guy(s) running 2 in 3.7 cubes net per and it did well. just lacked on the lower end which i tune around 40hz for my taste in music. i usually dont listen to nothing below like 36-37hz anyway.[/QUOTE]

The system I heard was roughly 16 cubes for 4 obsidian 18's. It worked. Lacked low end a good bit, but it kind of leveled out in the mids 30's (35ish). Still a little quieter than it should be but still playing.

The system I heard was roughly 16 cubes for 4 obsidian 18's. It worked. Lacked low end a good bit, but it kind of leveled out in the mids 30's (35ish). Still a little quieter than it should be but still playing.
Yea, and again for what i listen to i like mine to be stronger from like 38hz & up where as i dont listen to alot of lower freq music. and again ive worked my space in my cargo area up to where is closer to 5 cubes per sub. I would have quite a bit more if 2 8" aeros didnt displace so much lol...

I see. i wouldnt figure that DC xl 18s could work well in 4 cubes per but my friend/teammate has 4 xl 18s and after all disp they have 4 cubes each and it sounds good and is loud on "Real Time Music Ave" on Termlab.
Right, because I'm sure DC has some magical unicorn tears that make their 18's function in 4 cube. Good luck to you with this. Might as well throw 4 in that airspace if you just want to have a lot of cone area.

Right, because I'm sure DC has some magical unicorn tears that make their 18's function in 4 cube. Good luck to you with this. Might as well throw 4 in that airspace if you just want to have a lot of cone area.

Mine would have more then that i remeasured it and re did my dimensions i will be at like 5cu per sub. If the 2 8" aeros didnt take up so much id have more space

Mine would have more then that i remeasured it and re did my dimensions i will be at like 5cu per sub. If the 2 8" aeros didnt take up so much id have more space

Just do 2 15s in that space with a 10"aero and be done

Because i dont want to do 2 15s... But im done asking about this tho. Im just going to do my thing, if i dont like it then ill do something different

Just do 2 15s in that space with a 10"aero and be done

Because i dont want to do 2 15s... But im done asking about this tho. Im just going to do my thing, if i dont like it then ill do something different

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.