Box for 2 Obsidian 18 v2's

I think 2 15s im that size box with a single 10" aero will be alot better than the 18s overall...esp on low power ..just droppin my .02cents
ok so whats the point in obsidian even listing box specs on their website.

Honestly the subs will work in any box you install them how they sound and perform is a whole other ball game so take that for what its worth.

Honestly the subs will work in any box you install them how they sound and perform is a whole other ball game so take that for what its worth.
ok so why didnt anyone else say this then? i wasnt trying to argue anyone. I really want to run 18s, ive done 10s 12s(
What would be the smallest that you would give these per sub. Im not really a SQ guy honestly, as long as it sounds "ok" then im good. I mean i dont tune for lows or nothing, im still keeping it around 40hz to keep a good mix of daily & spl.

ok so why didnt anyone else say this then? i wasnt trying to argue anyone. I really want to run 18s, ive done 10s 12s(
What would be the smallest that you would give these per sub. Im not really a SQ guy honestly, as long as it sounds "ok" then im good. I mean i dont tune for lows or nothing, im still keeping it around 40hz to keep a good mix of daily & spl.
As I said previously what you have available before displacements is what you actually need after all displacements.

As I said previously what you have available before displacements is what you actually need after all displacements.
yea im working on the space issue. im measuring to figure the distance from the ports to the hatch

Need to keep box as low as possible I dont see you gaining anything nottrying to be negative nancy but the box the 2-15's were in was horrible you have ran many setups I havent seen any that were done well enough to get you the goals your after.

i have two obsidian 15's inverted in 6.8 cubes of airspace. 10" aero tuned to 31. they definitely like it... i wish i built the box a cube larger though. either that or a slightly smaller aero

Need to keep box as low as possible I dont see you gaining anything nottrying to be negative nancy but the box the 2-15's were in was horrible you have ran many setups I havent seen any that were done well enough to get you the goals your after.
That box was bad because it was pre built, it was kind of narrow length wise and like 25 inches tall.

For this i would extend the length out and try to keep the height as low as is can.

i have two obsidian 15's inverted in 6.8 cubes of airspace. 10" aero tuned to 31. they definitely like it... i wish i built the box a cube larger though. either that or a slightly smaller aero
See with my space, im still trying figure out what i can do. but anyway with the current dimensions after displacement subs, port & brace. im at roughly 9 cubes. so thats 4.5 per sub. I dont see why that wouldnt work. in your case you have 3.4 per sub and you said they like. im going to be running about 1k to mine as well, should be able to get away with tad bit more power seeing my box is on the smaller side. but i want about 1k each.

12 cubes net. Standard 18" size.

Awww. I gotz dislike //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
lol... thats what im making the 8s out of but they will be fiberglasseand flared

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

12 cubes net. Standard 18" size.

Awww. I gotz dislike //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
how much power are you putting to them

See with my space, im still trying figure out what i can do. but anyway with the current dimensions after displacement subs, port & brace. im at roughly 9 cubes. so thats 4.5 per sub. I dont see why that wouldnt work. in your case you have 3.4 per sub and you said they like. im going to be running about 1k to mine as well, should be able to get away with tad bit more power seeing my box is on the smaller side. but i want about 1k each.
More than likely. I'm pushing 2.5k to mine and they like it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.