Box design

Participant count
  • Participant list

Nutdawg651

CarAudio.com Elite
Sweet a trunk glad all trunks are the same sub up port up will be very inefficient not to even mention stuffing them all in there with less than optimal port area now why waste the time and effort for less output than 2 can do in a proper designed box.

Couple questions...

Why did you opt to build 4 chambers?

Did you model this box for the Hifonics subs or some future planned upon replacements?

Critiques...

Assuming you're using 3/4" material, you can't have 14" OD and 14" ID. If the box is 14" tall, internal will be 12.5, assuming only one layer of baffle, which isn't recommended. Also with ID/OD... 36.5" width and depth would be 35" internal. Accounting for internal braces, you end up with 2.12ftⁿ per chamber before port and driver displacements, which is fine. Also, port area is fine for the Hifonics drivers you listed but wouldn't be enough for a driver with some real xmax. The Hifonics subs only have 6.5mm.

Also, I don't think the port up sub up combination is going to sound good in a trunk car.

I recommend a 6" aero per 12 I feel box needs to be a bit bigger now I see why everyone says sa subs are louder in higher frequencies that small a box will causee a peaky box.

Yeah he built that box for the sa woofer , im using the hifonics woofer but he said it was close to my needs and it should work fine

The SA's have 19mm of xmax as opposed to the Hifonics' 6.5mm. There is also a disparity between EBP (42 v 58) and power handling (300 v 600) on those subs, and I question the veracity of the 300 watt rms claim Maxxsonics makes for the latter. Frankly, the Hifonics subs aren't going to perform well in a ported enclosure of any kind and the SAs would make tons of port noise in that box on anything near or above rated power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.