box design... what you guys think

mast240
10+ year member

YOU'RE A HOOKER!
ight guys... working on my clamshell design... will be putting 4 AQ HDC3 18's in it, off about 6k... 22 ft cubed, tuning i'm still working on... what you guys think?

GHqM2.jpg

JPMbE.jpg

g9yI6.jpg

NXIck.jpg

all criticizim is gladly accepted... looking for advice here guys

looks like a good start, i would look into bracing the front baffles, could be as simple as a wooden dowel angle cut on the ends to run between the center of the front baffle and the top/bottom of the enclosure where the port braces mount, triangles are hella strong

dont really know how to describe it, but try making that brace out of a single piece of mdf, probably will have enough scraps to do it. just make a solid piece to brace it all off and cut out the center, leaving an outside edge

good idea bro
also, the box will have a 2x4 frame all the way around, which is why its only going to be single mdf
this sounds like a weak spot there's absolutely no way i wouldn't do double baffles on an enclosure like that i think you might be under estimating how much flex you're going to get

if single layer, i'd also at least double layer around where the subs go, like a circular 2nd layer where the subs mount. Can't hurt.

Looks good, I would double layer the baffle. Also, maybe its just the angle, but it looks like the magnet will hit when mounting. Maybe move the mounting holes as close to the middle as possible.

interesting. Is the design complete? If so, how did you make out? I have to mention though that starting a construction with that kind of compression throat area for 4 18s without figuring for a direct response and tuning resonances, was bold of you. Either way, hope it worked out well! Looks solid!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.