Box Design For Kicker L7 15"

drumz

LA
I have a 1996 Honda civic, and I have an enclosure entirely too large for my trunk, so its time to fabricate one. I was wondering what the best overall design for a dual slot-ported box would be. Here is what I have so far. If someone is willing to fully design a box that will fit my trunk and allow a decent SPL, I will pay a bounty via paypal.View attachment 26527496

You don't have near enough space to port a 15" L7. 36"x16"x14" is just 3.62ft^3 before sub and port displacements...you realistically will wan about 6-7ft^3 before displacements so that you end up in the 4-5ft^3 range after displacements. You'd be better off just going sealed in the space that you're working with.

You don't have near enough space to port a 15" L7. 36"x16"x14" is just 3.62ft^3 before sub and port displacements...you realistically will wan about 6-7ft^3 before displacements so that you end up in the 4-5ft^3 range after displacements. You'd be better off just going sealed in the space that you're working with.
Yep.... He would know look at his avatar

Kicker advises 3-6...? Why do you say 6-7?

Because Kickers like large boxes and don't do very well in small boxes. The square cone has more surface area than a standard 15 so it needs more air behind it to perfrom well. Kicker doesnt tell anyone this and markets them ad being able to fit into small spaces, which is not true.

Because Kickers like large boxes and don't do very well in small boxes. The square cone has more surface area than a standard 15 so it needs more air behind it to perfrom well. Kicker doesnt tell anyone this and markets them ad being able to fit into small spaces, which is not true.
This is the truth..

This is NOT the way to do things.

0907tr_07_z+2008_chevy_silverado_2500_hd+kicker_subwoofers.jpg

That's 6-7 before displacements. The 3-6 that Kicker recommends is after displacements, as is the 4-5ft^3 that I recommended.
Thanks for the clarification, Im just trying to get a feel for how much trunk space I can maintain with a decent SPL form my kicker. As it is now, I had to take out my back seat to fit my current box in, and its pretty much my entire trunk as is.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.