box decisions for 3 diamond audio d6 10s

Participant count
  • Participant list

seas88
10+ year member

i have a nissan frontier truck that has about 17 inches of clearance between the headrest and the back window. I have been running the diamonds in a sealed box that i threw together and honestly I thought it was a dirty setup, until i heard a friends 12 aq hdc2.5 in a big ported enclosure. The only drawback of his system was the lack of low lows 30-20hz. i know a giant ported low tuned ported box could get me low and louder than the current set up but i was wondering if it would be worth it to build a smaller ported box since i dont have very much room and tune it low. I was also considering selling one and just having a larger ported box with only 2. Just wondering what you guys think would be the best option if im looking to get louder and still hit those low lows. I am only running my amp at 2.7 ohms now so i am seriously considering going to 2 and being able to run it down to 1 ohm.Vehicle :nissan frontier 1998

Location in the vehicle:behind the seats

Space available (Length x Width x Height):

Subwoofer make and model: diamond audio d6 10 dual 4ohm 500rms

Subwoofer Size:10'

Number of Subwoofers:3

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.):

What type of music do you like?:any

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: SQL with a focus on lows

Tuning Freq (Hz):35-28

Power : Hifonics brutus 2100.1

Questions: would i even see a decent increase in output from any of my options or should i just stick with it

Id do a sealed box, at least forthose subs. They are sq subs . But i can tell you they don'tlike small boxes. I had the same woofers and they were in a 1.7 cu box and sounded like ***. I think they req 1.5 or 2 per sub. I built one a while ago and afterthat they sounded great.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.