box building

Participant count
  • Participant list
Depending on how big the box is for a small sealed one I use clamps and glue. For others sometimes I will use staples and glue and others I use screws and glue. Also I just run a bead of liquid nail as a sealer works great. No prob bein a newb we all start somewhere

dont use liquid nails as your main glue, only as a sealer on the inside if you feel necessary. use a good wood glue, like titebond 1,2 or 3, or roo-glue. i personally think using screws is bad, unless its for bracing. screws create a weak spot in the wood, especially being that mdf is **** wood anyways. i use glue, clamps and only a couple nails from my nail gun to tac in it place to clamp. glue is stronger than the wood itself. if you really want to get crazy, learn how to dado or rabbt joint. then you will almost not need bracing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.