Box Building, Help Is Needed

lol i used home boxes before, with the home audio speakers and stuff on em, the woofers on em had pretty good bass, but i didnt keep em in the car to long, it would fry the subs...

no KIDDING but i am still right

MDF= medium density fiberboard = medium density = not particle board = what u built

a box out of = use 3/4" thick material

MDO=medium density particle board (commonly seen with melamine laminate) = crap

= dont use to build a box

HDF=high density marine fiberboard(aka marine plywboard) = same material used in

mdf but in higher compression = dont need for a box but can use = stupid to use

to heavy

ur friend in the marina.. cool.. whatever... i been carpenter for a while am now a cabinet maker we use the crap everyday... all three kinds and i have the crap in my garage.. home depot MDF at home depot = TRUE MDF!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif

OK me and my bro were in our drive way, with his sub on, and 2 windows rolled down, ok i made my own box, its not very good, it leaks quite a bit, i started playin that da rude song, and it pounded really hard i walked about 40 feet back and it was really loud and it was just pouning, ok but when he opened his trunk and the sub was makin this rattteling sound, could it be the box? or just the sub? the sub is a 1000w pyle bluewave, powered by 500w jensen amp

sounds like a voice coil or the fact that when its playing in the open it loses its suspension...............seal up your box with silicon or calk and get some dynamat extreme for the interior of the box then line the back with about 1/2" fiberglass insulation aka the pink stuff to kill standing waves in the box

hmm ok

if the box leaks the sub will sound like crap

could sound like rattling... but a pyle and an a jensen amp... could be that lol

built a better box!

get a perfect12 or idmax sub!

get an orion amp!

= NO PROBLEMS!

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.