Box Building, Help Is Needed

I don't have the answer, but I hope someone else does, because I want to know too. I will be needing a custom box for my 3 perfect 12's soon.

Yeah I want to do something really cool, I want to angle the outer 2 subs. What size are your hx2s?

I have a brand new 12, if u would be interested. I was goin go with 3 of them, but I went with the perfects instead.

also what kind of boxes are you wanting to learn how to build? like just regular mdf, fiberglass, plexiglass.....what??? mor info could be a little more helpful...good luck

I built my own box about a month ago, its sorta crappy, its not properly sealed, so im prob gonna buy some proper wood and build one next weekend

1 cubic ft = 12" x12"x12"= 1728 inches length x heigthx depth......... remember its internal volume if you use 3/4" take away 1.5" from the outside to determin what it is on the inside........... any help needed email me by clickin my profile

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

come on guys.. yall are men right... hehe

i have been a carpenter for eight years now and i am now a cabinet maker.

i have built many boxes many ways and i can build a basic sealed box .. no leaks ... perfect mounting diameter (accomplished with a router) in approx 20min.

yall want to know the specifications then go to a website or however u will...

when you are ready to get the wood and are uncertain about the best ways to turn a sheet of wood into what u want then email me.. i build boxes in my area (phoenix) for guys on a reg basis and have taught many how to do it quickly and accurately on their own.

basics

-mdf (not mdo) at least 3/4" (no need to be thicker)

-construction adhesive (glue)

-silicone sealant (inside corners)

-2" wood screws (not drywall screws)... WOOD SCREWS

-best to predrill and countersink holes

-u can cut mounting hole with a jigsaw (for u lamers) but if ya want to make ur hole fast and perfect use a router

U R WRONG BUCKO

that stuff is hdf aka high density marine plywood

3/4" mdf (medium density fiberboard

give me specs on one sub that requires a material of greater accoustical value and i shall agre.. there might be a few but i doubt it!

i u spend 100$ a sheet well i have some sheets to sell ya.. LMFAO

funny they sell it here at the marina and its not high density ... otay buhweets? i am not a second rate idiot either .... my car which i might add finished second at iasca and usac world finals had 2" thick walls with the before mentioned sandwich and what wasnt wood was fiberglass and metal.... the difference in the "wood" is one is partical the other is fiber..they "soak it to shape it and when sealed it wont fall apart..what they soak it in i have no real idea but i do know there is a difference my "puter geek" friend works at the marina and no you dont run hi resenance wood you simply make it more air tight and "flex" less..woot woo0t they did an article on it a few years back in car audio and electronics yup they have "mdf" at lumber yards but it isnt the same although it is the one "we" use.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.