Box Build

Participant count
  • Participant list
Wish I had that kinda room behind the seat in my crew cab superduty //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif Looks like its coming out pretty good.

Looks to be a pretty big box, could probably port it with some aero ports pretty easily, gain some output to fill that minivan sized cabin

The box is not really that big. It is only like 45x13x9x6 (WxHxBDxTD). I was just looking to have some extra bass behind the seat. I don't need anything to rattle the houses throughout my whole neighborhood. I might think about building a bigger and better box for it later on. I figure that this would suffice for my first box build and maybe next time I can use the things that I learned from this one.

Steve

The top and bottom depth is what I can't get in mine. Trying to decide now if I want to remove my front center seat and put a box there or go with one behind the seat. Best I can do behind the seat is 60"x17.5"x7"x3" makes for very little mounting depth.

I am sure that if it is tall enough then you might be able to squeeze out a little bit more of mounting depth if you mount the sub lower on the box. I got some more pics but I have to download them to the computer. I will have them up in a couple of hours (I hope).

Steve

here are a couple more pictures from last night. I finally finished the box enough to install the subs. I am not sure what I am going to cover the outside with. Who knows I might just leave it bare since it will be behind the seat. oh well I just can't wait to get it all hooked up and see what she sounds like. Hopefully I will be able to wire up my truck and hook the amp up tonight and be done with it.

Steve

View attachment 26500527

View attachment 26500528

Yea about the mounting depth eeking out 5.5" or so is with the subs mounting about 1" up from the bottom of the box and only being 10's but I'm still thinking things through and something will work, could do soooo much more if I could get at least 6.5" of depth but oh well.

Box looks pretty good and I bet it sounds good too. Only thing I would say is get a belt sander or whatever and hit that top edge of your front baffle and make it level with the top of the box. Otherwise looks pretty good.

yeah I should have went back and cut the angle with my saw before I put it together but I was lazy and honestly didn't really care that much. I will probably do that in the future but still not sure what I am going to cover it with or if I am even going to cover it. Nobody is really going to see it unless I show them because it will be in 40 acres that I have behind the seat. Not a whole lot of people have really wanted to just look around the back forty....lol ( I am sorry if no one gets this joke but I think that it is funny).

Steve

yeah I should have went back and cut the angle with my saw before I put it together but I was lazy and honestly didn't really care that much. I will probably do that in the future but still not sure what I am going to cover it with or if I am even going to cover it. Nobody is really going to see it unless I show them because it will be in 40 acres that I have behind the seat. Not a whole lot of people have really wanted to just look around the back forty....lol ( I am sorry if no one gets this joke but I think that it is funny).Steve
Don't worry I get it lol. My cab may not be as big as yours but I bet my wheelbase is a bit longer. My friends are always reminding me of the song "Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this thing around..." Crew cab with an 8' bed makes for interesting maneuvers lol. Not sure how many friends you have into car audio but for me that would be the first thing I would want to see is where the subs are and how they are mounted and what not. That thing must have legroom to spare, not to mention the space behind the seat.

Do you have a search and rescue plan ready just in case people get lost exploring the back 40 lol, or maybe an intercom system so you can speak with the people al the way back there lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.