P1040482.jpg

P1040485.jpg

P1040486.jpg

P1040490.jpg

P1040496.jpg

P1040508.jpg

P1040510.jpg

P1040511.jpg

Don't mean to criticize but I'd tape off where you glue the port down if you paint the port before the port is in because the glue doesn't bond to paint the same as it does to the wood.

Don't mean to criticize but I'd tape off where you glue the port down if you paint the port before the port is in because the glue doesn't bond to paint the same as it does to the wood.
indeed. always tape off areas where glue is going to be. or at least sand the paint back off.

I will set the port in place if I'm painting like that so I have a edge to work with. Then I just use tape/paper/wood/cardboard what ever is around to keep over spray to a minimum.

Looks good though.

No 45's??
Nevermind I see the one in the port. That the only one used though???
45s aren't necessary, more of an added bonus. If you can tell if a box has 45s by listening to it, you're talented. The goal is 0 port noise and free flowing air, however you achieve it.

indeed. always tape off areas where glue is going to be. or at least sand the paint back off.
That is a good point, although when braced with screws as well, the joint is still very strong. I will consider taping off the area in the future though.

Why do people freak over having 45s so much? It's not a needed fact.
I would say that is a 50/50 statement. There is a lot more to it then just putting them in and knowing if it needs to be. It won't hurt any if they are there that is for sure, but in some cases they are not needed. However, physics says it is better for them to be there then not to, so I'm not sure were your "fact" came from.

I'm pretty sure jacob did a test with one of his boxes with the 45s and it didn't help on the meter. theory doesn't always work.

PS- and what I was saying about fact is that people think it is concrete that you NEED 45s in your boxes when it isn't true.

I'm pretty sure jacob did a test with one of his boxes with the 45s and it didn't help on the meter. theory doesn't always work.
45s only help on the meter in some cases. Most people are not concerned with spl so your theory is wrong. 45s help in to many other ways to get into here. Take a physics class and do research. They do help, just not always on the meter(as that is not what they are intended).

If you want to help on the meter cut up some PVC and glass them into the corner.

Now, lets quite dumping on this mans thread.

No 45's??
Nevermind I see the one in the port. That the only one used though???
I would say that is a 50/50 statement. There is a lot more to it then just putting them in and knowing if it needs to be. It won't hurt any if they are there that is for sure, but in some cases they are not needed. However, physics says it is better for them to be there then not to, so I'm not sure were your "fact" came from.
No one is arguing that they don't help, but it is true that they aren't always needed. Just like bracing. Some people go overboard with bracing when the benefit doesn't always warrant the time spent. In my experience, a 45 in the port is the most beneficial.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.