Box Build for ntense702

Very nice as usual.

Any tips on doing the carpet over the logo as I'm building a box this week and plan to do the same thing with an MTX logo??? I "assume" you start at the center and work your way to the outer edges, then just carpet the box like normal...

Thanks for all the complements guys. This was something a little different from the usual, and was a lot of fun.

Very nice as usual.
Any tips on doing the carpet over the logo as I'm building a box this week and plan to do the same thing with an MTX logo??? I "assume" you start at the center and work your way to the outer edges, then just carpet the box like normal...
Basically, the way I did it, was worked up from the bottom. Always keeping it pulled tight, and working a small area at a time. One thing that really helps, is make sure you allow your glue to really "tack up" before you try to do it. Otherwise it will pull up from around the logo. Other than that, its pretty much just like doing a flat service, only pressing the carpet nice and tight up against the logo. Im sure you wont have a problem with it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Here are the final pics:

SeanRoche010.jpg

SeanRoche011.jpg

SeanRoche012.jpg

Thanks for all the complements guys. This was something a little different from the usual, and was a lot of fun.

Basically, the way I did it, was worked up from the bottom. Always keeping it pulled tight, and working a small area at a time. One thing that really helps, is make sure you allow your glue to really "tack up" before you try to do it. Otherwise it will pull up from around the logo. Other than that, its pretty much just like doing a flat service, only pressing the carpet nice and tight up against the logo. Im sure you wont have a problem with it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Here are the final pics:

SeanRoche010.jpg

SeanRoche011.jpg

SeanRoche012.jpg
man i wish i would have had my logo put on top of the box, oh well maybe next box hahahaha

awesome **** BJ, love it.

Are you asking why I dont flare the port bend on the inside too? No real reason I guess. But you probably wont notice a difference, so there is no real reason to charge more.
Thanks to everyone else. The logo was cut with a jig saw, then sanded a little by hand. I didnt quite get it finished like I wanted to last night, so I will finish it up tonight.
Thats what I was asking, So its not functional then its more for looks, I get it, Looks great any way.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.