Box build for MT18 PICS

boxxx007ud0.jpg

With the 4 vertical dowels, is the double baffle really needed?

With the 4 vertical dowels, is the double baffle really needed?
Honestly, I tried with and without just the front double baffle (where the sub mounts)...I haven't seen any difference...who knows maybe in the long term it will make more of a diff?

I'd throw it on if you have the space and extra wood...otherwise I wouldn't bother...

By the way, try some all-thread. My box (for my MT 18 also) is very similar to yours...I used wooden dowels and then added some all-thread...the all-thread is more of a pain to install but I think it works better for bracing...

Honestly, I tried with and without just the front double baffle (where the sub mounts)...I haven't seen any difference...who knows maybe in the long term it will make more of a diff?
I'd throw it on if you have the space and extra wood...otherwise I wouldn't bother...

By the way, try some all-thread. My box (for my MT 18 also) is very similar to yours...I used wooden dowels and then added some all-thread...the all-thread is more of a pain to install but I think it works better for bracing...
Yeah iv been thinking about using all thread but i need to look into it some more, I think Il see how it does with just the 4 dowels and a single top, then i can always go back and add a double baffle and even all thread.

thanks for the info, btw what amp do you have on your mt?

Yeah iv been thinking about using all thread but i need to look into it some more, I think Il see how it does with just the 4 dowels and a single top, then i can always go back and add a double baffle and even all thread.

thanks for the info, btw what amp do you have on your mt?
Yep, I think that's a good idea...try it out and then you can always add it later...

I started an all-thread thread if you want to search for it...

Currently 1 MA HK4000D...the MT is laughing at it...

I plan to add 1 more battery (for 2 dedicated batts) in addition to the main batt. for the amp...

Overall I'm very pleased with the amp...

I also plan to try running 1 PHD2 per coil //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Best bracing I have ever used is All-Thread threaded rod.

Not only is it reusable, but it braces from the inside and out, Wooden dowels only prevent the box from flexing in on itself, eventually if your box flexes enough, it can pull the glue/nail/screw joint apart.

Thats why you mainly see 2x4s and Allthread in SPL vehicles. Just a better way.

Not only is it reusable, but it braces from the inside and out, Wooden dowels only prevent the box from flexing in on itself, eventually if your box flexes enough, it can pull the glue/nail/screw joint apart.

Alright Il see how the dowels do, but if i see any little flexing im deffently switching it up to all-threads

thanks

I definitely couldn't agree with you more about all thread being the best. However, next time you build a box use wooden dowels and secure them with glue and a 3" deckmate screw. I can honestly say with great certainty that it won't pull loose. Construction is 98% of the battle, but you already knew that.

box3001xd3.jpg

box3006ld8.jpg

box3008kb2.jpg

Basicly done, I might get a few cans of black after school tomorrow and give it a coat of black untill i can get ahold of my friend who owns an upholstery shop.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.