Box Build for EMO PICS INSIDE

bjfish11
5,000+ posts

FisherCustoms.com
Box is for a Type R 12". Were going with 2.5 @ 35 hz. Only problem is, its going in a BMW, so we have pretty limited space. We are going with a slanted back to allow us to move the box deeper into the trunk. Thanks to IonSQL for the bad ass design. This will be a fun project.

Heres a look at the design....

bjr1gj7.png

bjr3kw9.png
[/

Im about to go get to work on it. Pics will be up later.

marvinemerson002uo5.jpg

marvinemerson003sa4.jpg

marvinemerson004ou2.jpg

marvinemerson005yt0.jpg

marvinemerson006xj1.jpg

marvinemerson008wn7.jpg

marvinemerson009pm5.jpg

marvinemerson010gu4.jpg

marvinemerson011sb3.jpg

All pics of some assembly are just a dry fit, to make sure I cut everything correctly. The only parts that have been attached are those port pieces you see. More pics will come tomorrow during assembly.

Looking good so far!! As always your builds are top notch!

Jon
Thanks man. Really appreciate it. This ones a lot tougher then my usual builds. Leave it to Chris to come up with a crazy design //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Thanks man. Really appreciate it. This ones a lot tougher then my usual builds. Leave it to Chris to come up with a crazy design //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Curious? What made this build more difficult then the other ones you have done??

Jon

Lookin' good BJ!

The double baffle isn't a function of the sub being a Type R... there just isn't much room to mount the sub without drilling into the end of MDF and take a chance of splitting when the sub is installed.

It's just there for extra mounting thickness //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Curious? What made this build more difficult then the other ones you have done??

Jon
With the slanted back, and the way the port is. Not real difficult, just a lot more out of the ordinary from what Im used to.

In pics 5 & 6, you rounded the longer edge of the second port wall, or you going to roundover the other 3 as well?
Yep, they will all get rouded over eventually.

double faceplate for a type r?
looks **** good.

i wanna paint my box..and clear it. wonder how it would come out..
Chris already nailed this one on the head.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.