Another reason to let your box dry.

ultimate157
5,000+ posts

Engineering Student
Well today I pulled my Pioneer Premier 106DVC out of the 0.8^3 sealed box I built because I'm going to be building a ported box for it. I noticed there was a ton of white stuff all over the magnet. I also noticed it smelled a lot like silicone, and thats what it is. I didn't let the silicone sealant dry long enough and it found its way all over the magnet:crap:

Shitonmagnet2.jpg

Shitonmagnet.jpg

Normally I finish the box. Then I move cars around, pull wires, sweep, etc. By then the thing is dry because it takes me so **** long to clean up.

Normally I finish the box. Then I move cars around, pull wires, sweep, etc. By then the thing is dry because it takes me so **** long to clean up.
It isn't the drying you should be worried about, it's the fumes it gives off which need to clear out overnight. They eat through foam suspension parts, which obviously isn't good.

It isn't the drying you should be worried about, it's the fumes it gives off which need to clear out overnight. They eat through foam suspension parts, which obviously isn't good.
Good thing this sub has some sort of hard fiber surround and a cotton spider (at least thats what it looks to me)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.