box 4 type r's sound bad why?

I saw that thread, but it makes no sense for it to be that way...could be one of the errors that the makers of winISD are talking about(I think that's where you got the info for that thread from, right?). With more port area you have a larger radiating surface for the air to move, which means it has to move less in order to displace the same amount of air.
It didn't make since to me either, but idk.

I haven't had a chance to miss with box. I went ahead a ripped my truck apart to run components all round, 0/1 gauge wire, just got my 200 amp alternator, better RCA cables. Hopefully I can miss with it this saterday all day and finish it up.

So what I plan on doing at this point is cutting the box to make it a 8cube box. And with my ports already made will put me around 35hz.

Also on my list is to get some other speakers or the same but to be able to run them down to 1ohm so I can get that 3000w power out of my amp....

I cut my box down to 8 cubic feet @35hz. I got a huge amount of bass now. Compared to 11 cubes @ 30hz

I coundnt figure out about what you guys where saying about ports. So i spent hours searching ports. So it seems my ports are way to small. Came across 12-16 cubic inch of port per cubic ft of box. So that put me in a range of 96-128 cubic inch of port area. At which im at 50 cubic inch. So Im going try to go with 4 6in ports to put me at 113 cubic in of port .....

Yes I did. Did that with a 10hz note. Subs where moving very slow . And all four subs

where moving together and in the same direction.

The subs sound great right now. Also this is in a 05 suburban. At this point I'm just trying to improve the box with the right amount of port and now looking into damping inside the box as while as spraying the PVC ports with damping spray that's if I don't do a slot port. But I got a few nights to toss and turn at night thinking about that......

Box is too big, i did the same thing to my old' aq sdc2.5's, they would move like they were at full power but they delivered almost no bass at all.
box actually should be good for low power. i had a pair of r 10s in 4 cubes on 600 to ea sub and it ******* loved it so 8 cubes on 1500 rms should be just fine imo

out of that hifonics you def got enough power to get some decent bass, but id say double and triple check your wiring. we all done that one on late nightt wiring jobs. thats what mine did when they got wired backward days ago

Yes I did. Did that with a 10hz note. Subs where moving very slow . And all four subswhere moving together and in the same direction.

The subs sound great right now. Also this is in a 05 suburban. At this point I'm just trying to improve the box with the right amount of port and now looking into damping inside the box as while as spraying the PVC ports with damping spray that's if I don't do a slot port. But I got a few nights to toss and turn at night thinking about that......
You cannot detect phase that way. You have not yet tested for phase. As I described there are two ways for you to check phase. Either with a phase testing device called a "Cricket" or a 9v battery test. You really should test for phase, especially when you have multiple drivers.

I now have 160 cubic inch of port. I'm going to need some forever dynomat now. Its loud. Other problem is the box is flexing. I think I'm going to redisign the whole box now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.