box 4 type r's sound bad why?

12.56= One four inch port (4 Six inch ports)x12.56= 50.24 50.24/8 = 6.28

28.26= One six inch port (2 Six inch ports)x28.26= 56.52 56.52/8 = 7.03

(3 Six inch ports)x28.26= 84.78 84.78/8 = 10.59

*Also check your power and wire configuration

Ok it seems my box is way off from what i planned. I measured my inner box and same up with 11ft^3 @ 30hz. This is how my box is right now.

Also i'm getting two ohms to amp wiring not 1ohm like i should.

So what i think i'm going to do is cut the back off box to get me at 8ft^3 like i planned and ports will be tuned at 35hz. Do you think 8ft^3 is to big? I cut it back more get me around 6ft^3?

You guys thanks for all the help..... I owe you all a cold one. It seems everything is wrong........

mm8x9k.jpg

I found one problem. Subs are dual 4ohm not dual 2ohms like i thought.

I was running 1000w if lucky. I just picked up a d3000.1. Ill be hooking this up ASAP.

I agree with the others, the most likely problem is that two of the subs are out of phase with the others. A simple way to check phase is to disconnect the speaker wire from the amp and put a 9 v battery on the speaker wire. All the subs should move out together. If two go in, while two go out, those are out of phase. All the subs should move together.

Try sealing the ports. That will also tell you if your ports are causing cancellation due to poor design.

Check crossover settings. It should be LP filter at around 60 hz.

sounds like you need to double your port area per sub and check the wiring and shrink the box a tad. if that dont help, cancellation is a b*tch and is hard to correct. may have to cut back to 2 subs? good luck. Im addicted to bass and hate it!

How many people realize port area is for the driver and not for the size of the box?
4 4" ports should be plenty of port area.
This isn't really a situation where you have a sub(s) in an odd-sized box that would cause one to stray from the norm. Four 4"ers would be the absolute minimum I would do, since a single 4"er is the least I'd do for a normal 12" sub like the R. Although I agree that port area is probably not an issue here, I certainly wouldn't do the same thing he did in my own setup.

This isn't really a situation where you have a sub(s) in an odd-sized box that would cause one to stray from the norm. Four 4"ers would be the absolute minimum I would do, since a single 4"er is the least I'd do for a normal 12" sub like the R. Although I agree that port area is probably not an issue here, I certainly wouldn't do the same thing he did in my own setup.
Yes, but port velocity decreases dramatically with a greater number of smaller aeros. Check out this thread:

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/enclosure-design-construction-help/496028-interesting-comparison.html

I saw that thread, but it makes no sense for it to be that way...could be one of the errors that the makers of winISD are talking about(I think that's where you got the info for that thread from, right?). With more port area you have a larger radiating surface for the air to move, which means it has to move less in order to displace the same amount of air.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.