box 4 type r's sound bad why?

posjr408
10+ year member

san jose
I just got done building a 8 cubic ft box. Tuned @ 35 Hz. For the ports I used 4x 4in pipes at 10in lengths.

It has almost no bass. Very little air is coming out of ports. Can some one tell me if the ports are two short? I used winisd to get my port size and box size to get me some spl.

System 4x Alpine R's dual 2ohms, hifonics 1600w rms @ 1ohm.

Ill take it apart in the morning. I'm sure I wired them right.

There is bass but not at all what I'm expecting. I built a friend a box for two R's and it is loud. Mine sounds like I got only two tens.

Well, with 4 4inch ports your tuned closer to 36-37 but that shouldn't really affect its "loudness" Go back over and check all your wiring. Also more info on your setup. Amps, electrical etc.

My electric system is stock. With 4ga power. Only running one amp. All that is going to change tomerrow. 0/1 power wire, mids are going in, and amp for mids.

The subs are moving. I looks as if they are getting full power. I even had to turn power down because it sounded like subs were clipping or bottoming out. They just had this oh no sound.

I have a dmm ill check that also tomerrow.

#1 box is too big,#2 not enough power,#3 need to upgrade electrical. I was doing 153's in a musical box with my 4 r's on around 3800 watts. It got loud, low and sounded great!!!!

Yeah b ut still 1600 watts on 4 12's has to have some bass. There's no way it can't shake the rearview.

Wiring is suspect.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.