Boston Acoustics Z6's installed!

bigman411
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
MA
Well, they got installed today. They are on a JL 450/4 and I got kicker resolutions in the rear. Well the sound on boston acoustics are nice, but not what I expected for the upgrade and money. I had kicker resolutions before, but 1 of the woofers popped, so I decided to go all out on new stuff. Well I thought these z6's would be really really loud and not distort? I still have the kicker tweeters in the mach 460 panels and the z6's are together in the door with tweeter on top. The installer said these are so loud your crazy. I dont know maybe I expected way too much. There loud but they dont hurt my ears lol. I have a 00 mustang convertible. Its kind of hard to get nice sound in it. I still can kind of hear a little distortion when I really crank it up and I want it louder and crisp and clean. I guess no speaker can really get so loud! and clean sound. I dont know, maybe Im crazy. btw I also have a 13w7 on a JL 1000/1. Also I hear a engine whine now sometimes when the volume is really low since I cant hear lyrics. I hear the engine whine in the speakers when revved. Is the 4 channel amp a bad ground? Is it the radio ground? I have a clarion indash.

check all the grounds. and as for the distortion and stuff like that, if they are in the doors, try sealing off the doors and sound deadening them. will fo sho make them louder.

check all the grounds. and as for the distortion and stuff like that, if they are in the doors, try sealing off the doors and sound deadening them. will fo sho make them louder.
sealing the doors and sound deadening? My whole car is dynamated xtreme.

I had the same problem with my mustang when I installed my xr 650's. They don't sound nearly as loud as the stock mach460's did.
What is wrong with the mustang! I wouldnt go that far, it def is alot louder, but I paid so much! I had the kicker resolutions and now the bostons. Its not like this huge difference like wow to the human ear. Its not even like worth it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

What is wrong with the mustang! I wouldnt go that far, it def is alot louder, but I paid so much! I had the kicker resolutions and now the bostons. Its not like this huge difference like wow to the human ear. Its not even like worth it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif
so give the z6's 'real' power....you are tickling them to death...

X2 they can handle 400 watts!
They dont handle 400 watts. It says 140rms in the book for specs. I dont know why it says 400. When I crank them up and want to go louder. They get distorted I can just tell like it harsh. So obviously they cant keep handling louder and louder.

so give the z6's 'real' power....you are tickling them to death...
They ain't THAT hard to bottom them out...I've done with in 2 different vehicles (mind and another guy) and I've done it with 300 x 2 going to the mids, and 70 x 2 going to the whole set.

They dont handle 400 watts. It says 140rms in the book for specs. I dont know why it says 400. When I crank them up and want to go louder. They get distorted I can just tell like it harsh. So obviously they cant keep handling louder and louder.
Ummmm....no. RMS is a thermal rating - NOT a power rating.

sealing the doors and sound deadening? My whole car is dynamated xtreme.
How are the speakers mounted? Are they sealed well? Where's your hipass set at? Could the harshness be tweeter settings? Did you try messing with eq adjustments? Could your amp be clipping?

Something's wrong. Very few speakers get as loud and clean as Z's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.