Boston Acoustics GT-2125 Review

Fair enough. Did now. Was going to install it today, but weather stinks and the whole family's coming down with a cold. Hopefully this weekend and I intend to break out the Canon 60D for shots and a video.
yea, I have a pretty big A/B 4ch. i'm going to put in the ride. Yea, this rain came out of nowhere. I wanna put my HIDs in tomorrow. Hopefully I get that done then I'll put my sounds in. Now if only JBL takes care of my MS-8, the bastage

Now if only JBL takes care of my MS-8, the bastage
Wutchutalkinbout Willis?

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

And don't know about Downey, but Burbank was getting slammed with rain and hail a few hours ago.

Wutchutalkinbout Willis? 

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

And don't know about Downey, but Burbank was getting slammed with rain and hail a few hours ago.
had an Ms-8 and the display went bad on me. Sent the display in and didn't have tracking (stupid) and they said they didn't receive it. I emailed them and they said to send the whole thing in and they'll replace it. Sent it in with tracking this time, tracking said received, called them and they said they never got it. They said to give them the tracking and they'll release it from the warehouse, that's the last I heard from them.

Rain yes, but hail, hell no

had an Ms-8 and the display went bad on me. Sent the display in and didn't have tracking (stupid) and they said they didn't receive it. I emailed them and they said to send the whole thing in and they'll replace it. Sent it in with tracking this time, tracking said received, called them and they said they never got it. They said to give them the tracking and they'll release it from the warehouse, that's the last I heard from them.
Rain yes, but hail, hell no
That's freakin' weird.

Dude Harmon International HQ is here in LA. I'd just start knocking on doors. Try PMing Andy over on DIYMA. He might be able to help you out faster.

That's freakin' weird.
Dude Harmon International HQ is here in LA. I'd just start knocking on doors. Try PMing Andy over on DIYMA. He might be able to help you out faster.
It's in Northridge, but the email I got was to send it over to their HQ in Atlanta, so I have no idea wtf is going on with my shiz

It's in Northridge, but the email I got was to send it over to their HQ in Atlanta, so I have no idea wtf is going on with my shiz
Lulz draft up a power of attorney and I'll go bust down Northridge's doors. That like five minutes away from here.

lol, that sounds like a plan
Seriously, though, I'd plan a trip up to Northridge HQ and bring the tracking info and all the emails you've maintained. Could work out well.

OK Quick update to those who actually care about this thing. I managed to install the Boston today and got everything wired up except for the sub. Just want to verify the internal wiring, but the amp gain is already set to 300W by DMM so all I'll have to do it pop the sub box back in there and wire it up. Connections are pretty simple on this amp, provided you have a set of allen wrenches. Turns out the clearance on my bit set wasn't deep enough to bite onto the power or the speaker connections, so you will have to use hex wrenches. For those who buy new, it's included. But if you're like me and got the refurb, plan to provide one of your own (guess that's where the 5-dollar difference comes from. Additionally, you will need a female quick disconnect to attach the remote turnon lead. Looks like this (photo courtesy of SE):

fd110b.jpg

Btw, that package of quick disconnects I displayed was 5 bucks for 100-count. Great for shops *hint hint and shameless plug*

Anywho, back on track. The largest power wire this thing is going to accept is 4 gauge. I used the 4ga Silver-tinned OFC from AudioTechnix and found it both extremely flexible and easy to work with. Installation would be much easier if you had a little solder and tinned the tips to keep them from fraying off, but I didn't have a soldering iron at my disposal. I'm starting to learn it's an invaluable tool. Anyway, I ended up twisting the strands as tight as I could and then kinda "screwing" the wire in to the terminal to keep from having any issues with fraying. The end result was clean enough for my tastes (though it won't translate on photos; I haven't secured down my distribution blocks).

Once I got the battery reconnected and juiced up the amps for gain adjustment, I learned the Boston has GOBS of power on tap. I would go so far as to say it's overrated, but would rather wait until I have an oscilloscope to confirm the max unclipped output. Like I mentioned before, I simply dialed in for an end result of 300W at 2ohms since that keeps me well in line to what I feel comfortable feeding my ID10.

Listening tests and photos will follow. I, unfortunately, did not get to take photos because I took the 60D down without the memory card. I owe you guys a walkaround, though, so stay tuned.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

neo_styles

10+ year member
AKA Pop Twidget
neo_styles
WA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies