Better late then never :)

Participant count
  • Participant list

av83
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Midwest
Audio Technix 60 mil

Last year I won 10 sq ft of Audio Technix 60 mil, and I promised a review after installation. It took me forever to get to it, but I finally did...

First of all, I used the old style AT 60 to deaden my front doors and trunk last summer, and loved the results. So, when I saw the giveaway thread i jumped on it just like most of the others on this site, lol. I was lucky enough to win a little and went ahead and asked Coleman to add an order to my winnings. He was VERY generous and I ended up with 28 sq ft to work with.

I needed to deaden my rear deck and roof which were vibrating terribly. Using the product is a breeze. It cuts easily with a razor-knife and applies like a dream. I used a generous amount on my roof. About 85% coverage. I cut out a bunch of smaller strips to do my rear deck, and applied to every flat surface. It was an easy process. Nothing complicated to it at all.

Here's pics of the roof, I forgot to take pics of the deck.

Front
20130520172024.jpg

Rear
20130520172018.jpg

Whole view
20130520172039.jpg

As you can see, I used some pieces of microfiber to reinforce it a bit and make sure it wasn't going to vibrate at all. But, for my small system, I'm sure just the AT would have been sufficient. Knocking on the metal I applied it to results in a nice, low-pitched "thunk" compared to the hollow tinny sound it had before. So before I even turned my gear on to test it out, i was sure it was going to at least be better. And after i turned it on and gave it hell, my thoughts were confirmed. Not a rattle to be heard. Sounds rock solid regardless of how loud and at what frequency I'm playing. I love it.

Thanks again, @cthedinger ;! You sell great products and I'll be sure to recommend them for as long as you're selling them whether its AT, CT, Execution, or whatever. You're a good dude and you'll have my business for as long as its around.

Yea I had the same results but never go around to posting a review (sorry Coleman) it's a really good product no smell sticks well and very flexible. Stopped my hatch rattle still have most of what he sent me to do my doors with

Yea I had the same results but never go around to posting a review (sorry Coleman) it's a really good product no smell sticks well and very flexible. Stopped my hatch rattle still have most of what he sent me to do my doors with

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

av83

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
av83
Midwest
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies