boston acoustics g2 line

Participant count
  • Participant list
Yep and the fuses on the subs protect them from getting too much power, they do no however prevent heat build up in the coil, but the radial vent cooling takes care of that. I beat the **** out of my g1s on 3x their rms ratings and the worst that would happen was a blown fuse and the coil never smelled. I could go on all day about how great their subs are lol. Its just a shame that BA never marketed properly.

Yep and the fuses on the subs protect them from getting too much power, they do no however prevent heat build up in the coil, but the radial vent cooling takes care of that. I beat the **** out of my g1s on 3x their rms ratings and the worst that would happen was a blown fuse and the coil never smelled. I could go on all day about how great their subs are lol. Its just a shame that BA never marketed properly.

ba was the last of lower rms high sensitivy loud as fuqq subs they were truly keeping it old school

ba was the last of lower rms high sensitivy loud as fuqq subs they were truly keeping it old school
Not sure where you got the high sensitivity part, they are some of the least sensitive subs I've dealt with. But that's not what you buy them for. If you want great sound quality, build quality, technology, looks, reliability, and good performance in a small box, look no further.

And I doubt it will handle what I estimate is around 800rms from that amp, but like they said, it will probably blow the fuse. It'll probably enjoy like 4-500rms. Who knows though, that's just an educated guess. My G5 was more than happy with 600rms.

And I doubt it will handle what I estimate is around 800rms from that amp, but like they said, it will probably blow the fuse. It'll probably enjoy like 4-500rms. Who knows though, that's just an educated guess. My G5 was more than happy with 600rms.
I doubt the amp will do 800 at 2 ohm lol

Thought they liked smaller boxes ?
The svc's have a high qts, so it would need a large low tuned ported box to play flat. I'm not sure how well they do in sealed, Boston recommends fairly small boxes for sealed applications. But whats really concerning me is the EBP is in the 20s, which would indicate that the woofer is suited for a sealed enclosure, but the manual lists 3.5 @ 34hz for ported.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.