Boss R5004 105A 4 channel 1100wRMS $80 new, would you???

Participant count
  • Participant list

Undisputed King
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
CenCal
So I am doing a budget install on my GF's car for christmas, just 4 channel amp and speakers and comps. And I know BOSS is crap, but I ran across this amp, and it has 3x35A fuses, so should do around 1050wRMS @ 2 ohm with 70% efficiency at 14.4v. Now for $80 dollars shipped would you pull the trigger? Im just looking for 100wrms @4 ohms 4 channel amplifier basically as cheap as possible. Whats the new price per watt best value /forum boner now adays? Thanks for any help or opinion you can offer.

Heres a link: http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_28691_Boss_Audio_R5004.aspx

Even with that fuse rating I highly doubt it puts out rated power. I'd put a lil more cash into a more reputable company imo.

Even with that fuse rating I highly doubt it puts out rated power. I'd put a lil more cash into a more reputable company imo.
That was my first thought. But of it does 100x4, clean, and its for the gf's car... I can't see it being such a bad deal. Despite my extreme distrust of Boss.

I'd look around for a good deal on something used, though. Or maybe a couple cheap 100x2's, which are everywhere.

^that. Buying used might be a better bet here. But the gf is prolly gonna be satisfied with whatever you choose. But then looking from a reliability standpoint, who knows how long that boss amp will last.

Alright guys thanks for all the imput. Thanks for talking me out of buying that POS. I just kept looking and I stumbled across the Soundstream TX4.560 tarantula series amplifier for $90 shipped and I jumped on it, for 4x100wRMS at 4 i figured i couldnt go wrong with soundstream. GOod thing I didnt go with BOSS becsuse if my GF's car went up in flames I woulda felt bad lol. Thanks

ive ran cheap amps and i believe a lot of cheap brands put a higher fuse rating than required by the board in case noobs run full gain so the fuses won't blow

Yeah thats what i figured about the fuses, but i dont think the engineers and their insurance will allow for too much over fuse rating because it would become a saftey hazard. Anyways i purchased a soundstream amp already no more worries about cheap amps for me

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.