boss amp too powerful?

• Thread starter thirsty
  • Start date
  • Replies 13
  • Views 3K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
the amp is rated at 200 w rms per channel at 4 ohms and at 2 ohm its 600w max per channel, so i figure rms is at least 300+ per channel and my subs are only like 250 rms, thats why im wonderin if ill blow my subs...anyone?

You really won't blow your subs. It is almost impossible to blow a sub by running too much power to it. Especially only 50 watts over.

You will be perfectly fine with that setup. Overpowering should not be a concern as Boss tends to exaggerate thier ratings quite a bit.

Basically your concerns need be more with the circuitry in the Boss amp. To sum it up- its not the most reliable in the world and smoke is a common site with these amps. -even under normal operation.

I would honestly look for another amplifier with a little more quality, then you should be good to go.

take it easy,

-zane

i would be more concerned with the boss amp going into clipping what cracks me up most is when u see these amps with the gain turned all the way up and kids say they blow their subs with power....................hahahahaha -still laffin hard. save up some cash and get a memphis 500d even if its on ebay...............it isnt that much and it has plennty of good power for your subs

turning up the gain is bad, gain settings are for input output matching only........................it is not a volume control you set it too high it clips set it to low it clips and clipping= you be needin new speakers soon. not a power blowing replacement either its because the speakers will recieve a horrible signal

This is really weird.. mine is rev 800 400X4, brigde power is 420watt max.. but the amps ***** when power up 2 12" pioneer ?? what would be the problem?

well there be many factors, electrical system of the car..grounding...a woofer out of phase, bad signal.....................bad amp... bad box...bad tuning frequancy...crossover point......

What kind of subs are you powering?

Coz I got a boss ava650 made I bought it in the year 1999.

My set up is a pioneer DEh-p5250 upgarde 2 years ago

Boss ava650, 4x75watt rms, bridge 2x160 watt rms

Front speaker pioneer 6/1/2" 180 watt on channel 1 (no left and right) Just front a rear.

Rear speaker pioneer 6x9 220 watt on channel 2 (no left and right)

My subs 10" pioneer from the year 1995. 350 watt , max RMS 150 watt in a band pass box. on channel 3 + 4. Sometimes I use to brigde them. so it will be 1 channel.

I have play this system since when I got my amp every single day for more than 2 hours on week day . I use to wash my car and leave it playing loud for 3 hours on a saturday. And then go in the street and driving around whole night that would make it per saturday more than 6 hours.

And it does play very loud that is what I can say.

Alot of ppl thought that I had 3 amplifier running my whole systeem alot of ppl where impressed for my sound. And for my set up It play clean and a really low bass.

I never had problem with the amp. It never went in to protect mode.

So I'm very impress for the power of it.

Remember ppl that is my experience. I have spend less than 700 dollar for building my whole system. And I was pounding in big time.

My car is a mitsubishi colt 1993.

I think it does depend on what u are powering.

And other thing is that we cannot compare is alpine, pioneer, kicker, infinity. ect etc.

I have friends who had bad experience with pioneer new models that burn or 1 channel does play very louder than the other.

Friends who has burned a alpine V12.

1 thing for sure and that I dunno deny it they play very clean.

But for a entry level i find boss a superb amp.

Look the diference in price tag between them.

Like I would not compare a pioneer HU to a eclipse HU.

But I'm happy with my boss that is what I can afford for now.

Chester

i may poke fun but it is usually at the people who crank that stuff till it makes smoke signals..as far as improving your system if used right they are fine amps. *(used right means one of several things)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.