Bose/Pac Module Issue + head swap

Participant count
  • Participants list

MadScientist565

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey guys,  I put in a sony XAV-AX3000 yesterday, along with a pac rp5-gm11.   This is in a 03 suburban with bose.     

First question.  When I plug the interface harness into the port labeled "factory amplified audio"   I get what sounds like a shorted circuit. Meaning the audio kinda cuts out when you move the wires around. I dont know if its actually from me moving the wires however.  (though it didnt cut out at all when I wasnt touching it)   when it sounds "right"  it gets relatively loud and sounds like the sound coming from the speakers is more "even".  

I moved the plug over to the side that says "non amplified factory radio"   and it sounds fine. no more short circuit sounding cut outs?    So is something wrong here?  Which side should I be plugged into? I thought bose qualified as "factory amplified."   I soldered and heat shrank all the wires in the harness to the head unit connector induvidually. I am sure there is no short in my harness.

secondly. I don't really like the sony 3000.  I think im going to take it back and swap for a Alpine ilx-207.   Can i still use that same pac module?  the wiring diagram for the alpine references Idatalink several times.  But, my guess is that for this vintage vehicle, it wont matter? 

Thanks!

I talked with Pac and swapped the module and its working great now. Sounds much better too.    Still havent gotten and answer on the alpine. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.