Boomsbay and my terrible battery experience.

Yea my schumacher used to charge my whole batt bank charges at 15.4 in agm mode and has for years no prob ...im betting he fvcked it up somehow
i have a diehard smart charger, mine all depends on the amp settings i set it to. i use 2amp and stays at about 13v-13.2(about agm rest voltage)... now on the higher settings it goes up

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Yea my schumacher used to charge my whole batt bank charges at 15.4 in agm mode and has for years no prob ...im betting he fvcked it up somehow
is that really safe??????

i have a diehard smart charger, mine all depends on the amp settings i set it to. i use 2amp and stays at about 13v-13.2(about agm rest voltage)... now on the higher settings it goes up 

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

is that really safe??????
Thats at 2amp also its the only way i charge and i been doin it for years no prob so yea id say its safe...hell my alt constantly charges at 15.1 so lol

I'm sure this will all get worked out..Good luck guys!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/toast.gif.bc0657bf54b9ee653b6438524461341e.gif

he probably put it on a regular charge instead of a trickle charge... kills 'em...
mines technically not a trickle charge, unless when its in "maintain mode" thats what it does. im a noob when it comes to batterys so i have no clue. my charger just gives them juice when they drop below 13v.... lol i guess thats a trickle //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

If yoj cant test or perform proper test in a timely manner after buying something used then you take all responsibility and liability if its a dud sorry but after this length of time whether you used it and killed it or just let it sit is mute you waited far too long to bring it up. Hes not selling brand new batts here folks.

mines technically not a trickle charge, unless when its in "maintain mode" thats what it does. im a noob when it comes to batterys so i have no clue. my charger just gives them juice when they drop below 13v.... lol i guess thats a trickle //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
i'm new to the agm world too, and was out as fast as i got in... lol trickle charge i'm not sure, but i'm sure everyone will chime in if i'm wrong is just a slow process of charging it, all my agms kept going defective, went with stock batt. no problems... in 6 months went threw a couple yellow tops and a diehard plat...

From what I see or can read the seller did everything properly if there was an issue you should have shipped the battery back for a full refund and not waited for a long period of time before claiming it was defective/broken. Additionally since I have never seen a thread claiming that the seller has poor business practices and or shady dealings then he is not in the wrong. I will admit that things go awry but it's both parties responsibility to take care of it promptly which it seems the seller was more than willing to do in the first place but you waited to claim foul practices in which time your practices could (or most likely did) ruin a good battery.

From what I see or can read the seller did everything properly if there was an issue you should have shipped the battery back for a full refund and not waited for a long period of time before claiming it was defective/broken. Additionally since I have never seen a thread claiming that the seller has poor business practices and or shady dealings then he is not in the wrong. I will admit that things go awry but it's both parties responsibility to take care of it promptly which it seems the seller was more than willing to do in the first place but you waited to claim foul practices in which time your practices could (or most likely did) ruin a good battery.
No I didn't ruin this battery, and No he didn't offer to take it back at no point!! How would I have damaged this battery so fast? Not like I was shorting it out! If you believe the battery was good then you've taken his side in this issue and there's no reason for you to comment. I WANT proof of the battery was good. Thought you have proof boomsbay? I've seen nothing yet.

No I didn't ruin this battery, and No he didn't offer to take it back at no point!! How would I have damaged this battery so fast? Not like I was shorting it out! If you believe the battery was good then you've taken his side in this issue and there's no reason for you to comment. I WANT proof of the battery was good. Thought you have proof boomsbay? I've seen nothing yet.
In no way did I say that the seller was untouchable and that he did nothing wrong, additionally the only comment that I made that could be taken as a defense to the seller was that I hadn't seen any threads against his sales in the past in my frequent visits to this site. All I stated is was that you waited to long to make this claim/complaint. While I also said that you may have ruined the battery it stands to reason that after 7 months asking for a picture of a load test or resting voltage with a DMM that the seller still may or may not have after such a long period of time is like asking you to prove that you yourself didn't accidentally ruin it in the same 7 months. However since you have not so politely asked me to leave your thread I will provided that you don't continue to misconstrue what I have already stated and now explained.

I was working it out with him then I lost contact. I was also working 12 hrs a day 7 days a week. I just now got some free time. So call it how ever. This is now getting dealt with and maybe he sent me a battery on its way out? Maybe he didn'tknow and genu inely believes I'm trying to get over or something. But the fact is that I contacted him months ago about this. I'm just now posting this here since I couldn't get ahold of him.

Im sure everything will get worked out. @Boomsday is one of my close friends and he is a very solid dude and seller! Cant see him f@#$%$ anyone over, considering I first met him thru a transaction. Have traded, sold, and bought numerous items from him!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

dasubmasta

10+ year member
dasubmasta
49022 S.W Mi
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views