BNR alternators

I'm curious I have a large sound system in my truck and I need 160 at idle 350 full what kind of quality is the alternator I don't need it breaking down and is there a phone number for this guy.
I also like and have Mechman. Go ahead ask em, they will tell your or have those numbers listed on their website. (Anyone that can't or won't give you at idle, and what rpm for full charge is not a red flag, it's a black flag. Stop. Go somewhere else).

Not sure what vehicle you have, but that seems high at idle. Maybe there's a dual bracket out there, and two smaller alts would give you a higher idle amperage.

Last edited:
Do not buy! I warned you!! These are way underrated alternators. Confronted BNR was ignored, returned the alternator and they only refunded me half of my money. I contacted Ebay and was issued a full refund. These people are scum of the earth, scammers. These alternators aren't even putting out half of there rated power, I warned you and many others are experiencing the same issue.
Really?!?!? I was thinking about buying the 300amp for $187 from them. So they are garbage?

I’m not certain but I believe if you request an idle voltage a manufacturer would likely be able to suit the need. Don’t forget that often when speaking about alternators, rpm’s are referring to the alternators rpm not the engine rpm. My impala is 3:1 so at idle which is 700rpm the alternator is at 2,100 rpm. Much to be said of a manufacturer’s ability ir willingness to share information requested. Those bnr may be ok yet if a person gets a $187 alternator and it doesn’t meet expectations then it’s $187 WASTED. Talk to a few places. I rolled the dice on “Tucson alternator” bc they specialize in gm alternators. The customer service guy was assuring in his answers to my questions. Turns out they’re great and zero complaints. If no one ever answers the phone or you get a bad feeling, look somewhere else. Many manufacturers, possibly in your neighborhood offer good products.

I'm also looking to buy from them. Would also like to know whether or not the 300 amp alternators for $187 are any good and legit.

Did you not read the post? No its not legit....

BTW this thread is from 2008....

really.jpg

Do not buy! I warned you!! These are way underrated alternators. Confronted BNR was ignored, returned the alternator and they only refunded me half of my money. I contacted Ebay and was issued a full refund. These people are scum of the earth, scammers. These alternators aren't even putting out half of there rated power, I warned you and many others are experiencing the same issue.
Glad I saw your post. What about the eagle high alts they probably **** too right?

Why reinvent the wheel?
Go with one of the js, Tucson or singer..
These have been proven.
I spent more than I anticipated on equipment, why would I try to save $75 on an alternator or pennies on substandard wire?
I didn’t. This is bc during assembly of my setup I wanted to reduce having to buy essential components twice.
Well, that’s where I spent mo $ on stuff. 4 amps 4 12” subs but if I get a second vehicle I’m half way there.
I learned about some of the items available on Amazon and eBay. They have mainstream items but also offer B stock products in a buyer beware condition.
My experience didn’t cost me a great deal but I consider myself lucky.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...