BMW X3- Audison Thesis

minibox
10+ year member

NC
I already posted this install on DIYMA but I just signed on here and thought I'd post. Planning on posting my M5 build soon.

I spend more time in this car than any other so I decided I wanted the best sound possible in a practical install. I've had everything from luggage for the whole family to deer that I've killed in the back of this thing. I just moved down to North Carolina from Pennsylvania and I couldn't justify taking my car back to PA for another install so I went on the hunt for an SQ shop in NC that was able to do what I had in mind. I looked at a lot of shops and Ben's Audi post finally led me to Acoustic Images in Mooresville, NC. After talking 5 miuntes with Bryan and Mark I knew the search was over and plans began.

I wanted a 3-way front stage because 4" speakers mounted in the factory locations were not going to fulfill my midbass needs and with a little modifying we could fit a 3" in the factory location. After listening to focal, Dyn, hertz, and audison thesis I had to drop the $ for the thesis set. After hearing them I knew I'd regret putting anything else in the car. The thesis tweeter is quite large so we needed a new tweeter location and of course door pods for the 6.5" After seeing the doors that Mark built on Ben's Audi I knew my doors would be no sweat for him.

First, the tweeter pods:

spring2009016.jpg

spring2009014.jpg

IMG_1004.jpg

IMG_1006.jpg

IMG_1008.jpg

IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

IMG_1054.jpg

Nice job.

I def wanna see your M5 build.

I have yet to see a really nice car with even better build. Except for a locals Bentley GT but only did mids n highs

And the final product- people that aren't familiar with the X3 think these are the factory speaker locations. The 3's are in the factory 4" location on the upper part of the door.

guitarmayhem042.jpg

guitarmayhem043.jpg

guitarmayhem045.jpg

guitarmayhem049.jpg

Clarion 9255, bitone and amps:

guitarmayhem047.jpg

guitarmayhem036.jpg

guitarmayhem038.jpg

I love those speakers. They are beautiful. You get the Thesis subs and amps too?
Thanks. Most musical but also most expensive speakers I've ever had. The Italians do it right. I love the thesis amps but I couldn't justify dropping that kind of cash for an amp. I've got an old a/d/s 12" in the X3 but I'm currently putting the thesis subs in my M5. Planning to do curved plexi in the trunk to show them but no pics yet. Here are the doors for the M5:

m5002.jpg

m5003.jpg

m5006.jpg

The X3 must sound awesome! Looks very clean. I didn't know Audison makes speakers as well.
What mid is that in the M5 door?
Thesis 6.5, the panels are going to get wrapped and of course the grills just like the ones in the X3 will get put on

The pods on the X3 look a little too "curvy" for the doors. They don't look stock. I would smooth them out more so they match the lines of the doors better, instead of being more pronounced as "tweeter pods". Jmo though, still really good work, just nitpicking!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.