Blown glass flared ports

and a person who could really use some grammar lessons;). on a side note if getting the blown glass and rods would only cost 125 bucks that's not to bad given anyone could make the rest of it for cheap. well that depends on install, what kind of sub and power are you using again? i know i read it i think but i'm to lazy to look. what thickness are you using for the acrylic?

and a person who could really use some grammar lessons;). on a side note if getting the blown glass and rods would only cost 125 bucks that's not to bad given anyone could make the rest of it for cheap. well that depends on install, what kind of sub and power are you using again? i know i read it i think but i'm to lazy to look. what thickness are you using for the acrylic?
I was going to go with 3/4" Acrylic... 1 1/2" wall thickness, 4 cubes internal volume, running 2000 RMS for one 12" old school immortal an 03 model. Which is practically brand new.

The only thing is I make a flange out of a matching hole in the enclosure so that it exactly matches like a glove when I set the port into place with it's acrylic adhesive... It's kind of like 5 minute epoxy but stronger. Any one could get the rods at a glass blowing suplier, but to be able to do the ports, you have to be an experienced glass blower... I got one of those, and in return I happen to be his woodworker... We colaberate on allot of ****, and I decided to reach out there with some car audio aplications... See how it does... We do allot of wine accessories now in the Nor- Cal area...

that sounds fudging awesome!! put those in a plexi enclosure...whooooh, you got some flashy stuff there!.

Is blowing glass hard to do...like to add the coloring...ive heard its a pretty tough process to get good at.

that sounds fudging awesome!! put those in a plexi enclosure...whooooh, you got some flashy stuff there!.
Is blowing glass hard to do...like to add the coloring...ive heard its a pretty tough process to get good at.

it takes a while I am still learning the concept of it... The glass blower neighbor of mine has been doing it for ten years, and he is who will be doing all of the art work with the ports... His work is allot more elaborate and artistic then the pipes that were posted up on here. I just found those off the internet to give a basic idea...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.