blown fuses

lil roberto
10+ year member

ohio
I have an MTX 2400 amp (425 watts @ 2 ohms) and i know its not the greatest amp but it gives me some good power for the buck it goes pretty well with my COMP VR. but i had it for like 2 months then all of a sudden a fuse blew. no biggie i replaced it and had no problems. But about a month ago i blew another fuse and about every other week since then ive blown a fuse at the moment im replacing another fuse every week. i dont know what the hell could be the problem. the only thing i could think of which i dont know if it is.. is that i have 2 30 amp fuses on the amp and only a 40 AGU fuse goin to my battery. i was told i actually should have a 60 AGU fuse. I dont know if this has any effect on blowing the fuses but if it does tell me and if not tell me what i can do to stop blowin these **** fuses.

Thanks

Roberto:banghead:

hey yes you should get a 60 amp fuse...because when you are using a 40 amp fuse you are overloading it and so that's why it keeps blowing...too much current is being drawn through it

get the 60amp and you will be ok

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.