Blew my RE component

dak0ta_g33k
10+ year member

whatR words4 ?
i just realized that i blew one of my RE component midbasses. despite the tweeters being harsh, i just want to find a drop in replacement and keep the remainder of the set. i got this NIB off ebay last august, so i don't think i have a warranty. i dunno what the power rating on them were but i was giving them 75 watts.

i just installed XXX 6.5s in the doors and they just drown out the remaining midbass.

my first guess at a replacement are those surplus adire sf7s...

suggestions, recommendations flames are welcomed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

again, that's what i thought. but if the sf7s have xbl^2 then they can't really be a clone of the RE mid?

figured out how i blew it, only 50w needed for RE comps... was feeding them 75 :oops:

sf7s are also rated at 50w, hmmm...

again, that's what i thought. but if the sf7s have xbl^2 then they can't really be a clone of the RE mid?
figured out how i blew it, only 50w needed for RE comps... was feeding them 75 :oops:

sf7s are also rated at 50w, hmmm...
You sure its that? Or where u clipping the signal... I have the RE comps with a 100 x2 infinity amp powerin em, nothin happened to em yet.

not too sure really... i only noticed that it was dead when i took out the kick panel to run wire into the doors. by the multimeter i have it is an open circuit. tweet still hits harsh tho.

btw ignore my question in your thread, it was a page ahead of this in the new posts search //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

you can get a RE mid directly from RE for a little over $50 shipped

My comps are also being powered with 75 wrms. I too had a problem with one of my mids. The surround came un-glued and was blown. I replaced with another RE mid and haven't had a problem since

dak0ta_g33k,

I blew one of my RE mids feeding it only 50W RMS (far far less, I never turn it up). I have one good mid and two good tweeters and two good crossovers.

waking up a dead post, but here is a pic of the RE mid with the sf7

a1d3d2e7.jpg

left is the blown RE component mid, on the right is the adire sf7

my ears (with tinnitus) cant really tell the difference of the swap out

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.