How in the hell do you make Kick panels?

orangeblast
10+ year member

I figure If i'm to get expensive speakers might as well do them right and get kick panels. I plan on putting the mid basses in the doors but a tweeter and midrange in the kick panel...this should be fine becuase I'm not looking for bass out of my mids and all..so any kick panel should be fine. But i have a new 2006 4runner and cannot find any kick panels to purchase for a stock look...anyone know where to get kick panels for this model ? or how do i make my own? i really would not want to go down the route but if I have to...I have to.

I'm not sure, but I think lasers and fish are involved........

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif most kicks are made with fiberglass. You might search around here for general fiberglassing info (there are quite a few how-To's around). It's not all that hard.... takes time and it's intimidating. But the self gratification is worth it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

you put tape down, resin it, take out the mold, make a baffle and glue it to the mold, cover the whole thing in resin, put on body filler, sand and then put on whatever you want as a cover

yea it's a lot of work running a 3 way frontstage. i'd just say you get yourself a nice 2 way passive setup like a few suggested in that other thread. trust me i've heard a couple of really nice passive setups.

Yea...I'm really starting to think about it and I currently run 2 12's and a 2 way CDT HD 5.25 component set and honestly...it sounds great. So I can onlly imagine how some better speakers and a better HU will do me.

Plan on getting the CD8455 Eclipse vs. my current HX-D10 Clarion...rather aged I'd say. And I'm really considering going with either Dynaudio or DLS for the speakers. I could easy surface mount my tweeter and aim it where I need to using the stock kick panels with my new 4runner. Pretty much what I have now with my CDTs ( i own a 97 4runner right now) only with more experience now...I will deffinitly change the tweeter placement and angle and maybe I can some how make a angled mounting bracket thus alowing the Midbass to be aimed straight and up a bit for better stage and imaging.

With my new car I just wanted to do some different stuff but I really don't want to go over my head on this and screw stuff up....not to mention go over my budget heh...after all I would have some car payments.

also look into the seas lotus reference series. awesome set. super detailed tweeter. i mean i loved iridium tweet but the reference tweet is awesome. this set goes for around $750. thats around the budget you have. Or you can just buy the mids and tweets and run active off of the eclipse.

where do you buy Seas Lotus anyways? I've never heard of them nor have I seen them online for purchase.

Look **** nice though...i'm looking at their website. Look like SQ speakers for sure.

you could purchase them at mobilesq.com. I've met the people that run that site and they are awesome guys who know their shiet. if you want more opinions regarding seas lotus i'd go to elitecaraudio.com. i've listened to the reference set myself and i must say they were awesome. so clean and warm. i loved it. i wish i had money to buy some.

Did I have that right though? As far as mounting a 2 way system....I could put the tweeter in the stock location and aim it upwards towards the passanger and driver dome light...or the rear view mirror. And leave the midbass in the door pointed straight like the stock speaker was?

would I want to do that with such hi end 2 ways??

Plus its cool becuase I wouldn't have to change amps to push those speakers. My DEI would do 125x2 thus saving me money. I wouldn't have to buy another amp. I would a perfect amount of money for my Eclipse ...wiring...sound deadening stuff and some amaizng 2 ways!

i believe so. you should place the tweets around your car using double sided tape and see where it sounds best and place it there. a popular place to put tweets is the a-pillar area.

also if you are interested in the seas lotus reference set and i see that you are in socal, pm gsteg, i think he's running the reference set right now in his car and maybe he can give you a listen. or even ask some questions, etc. but i would suggest if you are going to spend that kind of cash, you should at least try to go to a local shop or so and listen to some of those sets.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.