Blew 2 L7s within a hour

Didn't let let brake in before overpoweribg them L7s blow quick beyond SET RMS...and u I'm sure do not have proper electrical for 2k so it was probably at least a little distorted and idk what you may have had other settings at...

What I mean is most bass knobs adjust the bass boost, not gain like you may think. Even some of the nicer amps.
really? i mean i know ppl say you shouldnt use them. i just hate having to adjust my my player all the time. But i may stop using them. especially when i compete time to time

Don't blame the subs for your inability to properly set up your system. They are not great by any means, but in this instance it is complete user error.
you are so correct,,it sounds like he did not even break them in properly....if op does not learn this lesson,he will blow the next set of sub also. like what has been said before...GET RID OF THE BASS BOOST KNOB...it is dangerous in the hands of someone who don't know how to properly use it.

really? i mean i know ppl say you shouldnt use them. i just hate having to adjust my my player all the time. But i may stop using them. especially when i compete time to time
Get an in-line bass knob off ebay, they control the level, it plugs into the Rca's on your amp. Or use an external equalizer, that's what I use, my head unit is set flat and only sends a signal to my eq, I do my volume, bass, and all tuning at my eq

Get an in-line bass knob off ebay, they control the level, it plugs into the Rca's on your amp. Or use an external equalizer, that's what I use, my head unit is set flat and only sends a signal to my eq, I do my volume, bass, and all tuning at my eq
yea i have a new inline rca level control that i have never used already. i may end up using it. or just may use the player it self idk.

I've actually never encountered a bass knob that controlled the bass boost. Mine have always controlled gain. Maybe a coincidence but they've been great for me thus far.

you are so correct,,it sounds like he did not even break them in properly....if op does not learn this lesson,he will blow the next set of sub also. like what has been said before...GET RID OF THE BASS BOOST KNOB...it is dangerous in the hands of someone who don't know how to properly use it.
He did not blow these subs by failure to 'break them in', nor will he his next pair if he gives them a proper, unclipped signal.

IF you have the tools to set your amp correctly you can use the bass boost accurately. Tools as in a O-scope etc that will allow you to see the signal and adjust the amp accordingly.
I was being sarcastic man lol, trust me I know, I repair amplifiers for a hobby...................

Everyone cranks the gain and bass boost and thinks it helps.........lol

I was being sarcastic man lol, trust me I know, I repair amplifiers for a hobby...................
Everyone cranks the gain and bass boost and thinks it helps.........lol
Agreed, i was that way at one time lol.... I dont do it now unless i have a scope to use. Do you work on all amps?

Wish my wife would let me put some beat in her car
lol my wife actually competed hers alittle bit for fun. she does pretty good numbers for what it is. Should would probably gain some score on Termlab if she let me change her power wire from what im guessing is 6ga power wire(cheap walmart kit lol) up to 0ga or atleast a good 4 gauge, she has a stock 90a(i believe) alt, NO big 3 and no extra batts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.