Blew 2 L7s within a hour

i agree with the knob being garbage. Most knobs i come across always induces some form of distortion even if its the volume/gain knob. I always get a cleaner, louder signal without the knob in the system.
OP when you go to the shop, make sure they use an Oscilloscope or an SMD-DD1 to tune your system if possible. Make sure your head unit's equalization is set to flat, Bass is at 0, subwoofer level is at max or close to max, LPF at 80. You could have been clipping the signal with your head unit, or your amp's settings or BOTH. Read up on clipping in detail so you learn how to avoid it. Because 2 L7s is a hefty price tag for a lesson learnt. Also buy better subs then kickers... they are pretty weak in the durability department.

Yea I'm pretty pissed right now but I just came across a serif pioneer champion series pros what's y'all opinions on these subs?

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

Thanks for getting 2 more kickers off the face of this earth. now hook up your other two and crank it up.
Lol I sold those pieces if **** I'll never purchase another set of Kickers again after this experience

Yea I'm pretty pissed right now but I just came across a serif pioneer champion series pros what's y'all opinions on these subs? 

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

Lol I sold those pieces if **** I'll never purchase another set of Kickers again after this experience
they are decent subs ..depends on the price

Don't blame the subs for your inability to properly set up your system. They are not great by any means, but in this instance it is complete user error.

subs are subpar but this is mainly your fault not the sub's fault we trash on kickers for not being durable but blowing them on the first hour is completely your own mistake. Also those pioneers arent that great In my honest opinion, they sound like ****, sound is unbalanced and it can only hit lows nothing above 50 hz regardless of enclosure and they have a lot of cone noise when they hit. Look up sundown, DC audio, FI, Digital Design, incriminator audio, soundqubed if you want actual competition level grade equipment. Because any of those brand's standard 600 rms subs can take well over 1000 rms IF you set the gains correctly and dont clip the hell out of them like you did with the L7s.

Don't blame the subs for your inability to properly set up your system. They are not great by any means, but in this instance it is complete user error.
It was a joke hence the lol at the beginning of my post I completely understand I clipped the subs but after doing research I see a lot of cases where the L7s blow so I'd rather not deal with another set whether set properly or not

It was a joke hence the lol at the beginning of my post I completely understand I clipped the subs but after doing research I see a lot of cases where the L7s blow so I'd rather not deal with another set whether set properly or not
ok so now you realize what happened and how to prevent it again..what is ur budget on subs and maybe we can steer you in the direction of something solid

I need some help I had 2 dual 4ohm L7s hooked up to a autotek 4000.1 amp and I fried both subs. One started smoking 5mins after hooking it up the other one took about a hr. I have 2 more set to hook up but I wanna no what I did wrong before I blow two more.
Look man kickers aren't bad subs. You just have to hook them up right. You were overpowering them by far thats why they blew. And regardless of what ***** these childish poosys on this website say about them to make themselves feel better they are durable if hooked up right.

Don't blame the subs for your inability to properly set up your system

LOL, that's 100% correct.....

I still don't understand why people use bass boost. Just turn the freaking thing off and set up your system correctly..

Turn your bass boost all the way down, take your bass knob and throw it in the garbage and don't ever use one again. You are sending a distorted signal to the subs and frying them. Most bass knobs adjust the bass boost, they are garbage. Lastly, have someone who knows what they are doing set your gains properly
There are actually only certain amps that the knob controls the bass boost. like 90% or more amps with knobs controls the gain

LOL, that's 100% correct.....
I still don't understand why people use bass boost. Just turn the freaking thing off and set up your system correctly..
IF you have the tools to set your amp correctly you can use the bass boost accurately. Tools as in a O-scope etc that will allow you to see the signal and adjust the amp accordingly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.