Blazer install/set up questions.

Participant count
  • Participant list

E-quality

MI
I'm getting close to installing my first system in 12 years into my Blazer. I've taken some time to get familiar with everything again but still have a couple things to figure out.

Current equipment:

Alpine CDE-141

Alpine type s 4x6 for the dash and 6.5 for each of the 4 doors.

Alpine MRV-345, 2 channels can run 150w RMS at 2 ohms so I can wire up to four door speakers to those channels and the dash speakers to the other 2.

Alpine 10" type r dvc

Alpine MRP-F500, the sub can handle more power but it's what I have, it'll be plenty loud for me and don't want to spend more on a new one.

I don't have the money to change much of what I have but I plan on getting a better HU with T/A and a 24 bit DAC and 4v pre-outs. Does all that really make much of a difference over the basic unit I currently have? It came with everything. Also, most of the audio sources are new to me. Does the aux input have bad sound quality compared to CD or usb?

I'm also planning on type-r components. If I do go with components with the 345 amp, would I be better off with only the components up front or with mids in the back doors also? If the latter, should I keep a pair of the type s for the back or get mids to match the component mids up front? I'm concerned both about cost and quality here. I guess I'd lean towards front components with no rear door speakers to save a few dollars but I'm curious about wether type-r components up front and the type-s in the back doors would be a bad combination or not. Would the tweeters be ok in the stock dash mounts? Also, the front and rear door speakers look to be the same distance from my head. Does it make sense to have them on the same channel and adjust the delay between them and the dash speakers? The dash speakers are closer.

I'm also wondering if sound deadening is necessary in this install. I've never done it in the past and don't remember much noise. Is it really necessary with the stuff I have or only necessary for bigger systems? Do I need to seal the holes in the doors also? If so, how?

In regards to amp placement in blazers, where is the best place to mount them? I'd prefer to have them out of sight/the way with the sub behind the back seats but I don't see where to keep them out of the way.

Last question, is it better to have a fused distribution block? I always had unfused but I'm wondering if there's a reason for a fused one.

Sorry for all the questions but I'd rather do this right the first time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

E-quality

E-quality
MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
E-quality