Best 15" Sub for Single Sub Setup (SPL)

Bryanm17

Hey guys,

Im new to CarAudio and I would like to get everyones help choosing the best sub and amp for me. I have a 2010 Ford F-150 Ext. cab that i removed one of the back seats from and built a custom ported 3.1 cubic ft box to fill the space. im not sure if it matters but the port is a bottom slot port. Im looking for a 15 that will really SLAM!!! Im not looking to spend a crazy amount but i have a decent budget of $350 for the sub and another $250 for the amp, but anything cheaper would be nice. Im pretty much only into spl as far as this sub goes, i just want as much bass as possible. I would also like help choosing the best amp to go with whatever the speaker choice is. Thanks for the help!

3 cube net or gross box? What tuning? How much port area? Where do you live? Shipping will be a bit hit on any real big-boy sub, buying used local should be considered. Also I'm guessing the box will not be optimum.

Where are you located?

I have a custom built Crystal CompX2 15" that would work well in the space you have. And it fits well under your sub budget.

Flip your budget around, 350 for amp, 250 for sub. If no preference as to new or used, I would peruse the classifieds, you may get lucky and find a decent deal. Would have been better to pick sub/amp and then have the proper box built to meet the subs needs though. You have limited yourself with doing the box first, unless you are willing to rebuild it, that is.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.