Blazer daily beater system

Participant count
  • Participant list

ZO6killinsbf
10+ year member

Beer is good
If anyone remembers my previous build for a budget SQ-ish system in an S-10, I'm back!

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/499068-s10-cheap-sg-system.html

I sold the S-10, striped as many parts off as I could before hand and put them all on my new Blazer. I had to get a back seat to haul my *** trophy around in, he loves it too so win/win.

System consists of:

Head Unit: Kenwood KDC-BT945U

Front Stage: Alpine Type-S 6-1/2" comps

Front stage amp: old Kenwood 50x2

Subs: (2) Image Dynamics ID8

Sub amp: PPI PCX1250

Sub Box: 1.25 cube ported @ 32Hz

I upgraded the stock alt to a 140amp Escalade/Tahoe/etc alt, Big 3 and 2ga power cables.

Before:

Now:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sup Z06!

Sig4_zps618a9e35.png

If anyone remembers my previous build for a budget SQ-ish system in an S-10, I'm back!
http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/499068-s10-cheap-sg-system.html

I sold the S-10, striped as many parts off as I could before hand and put them all on my new Blazer. I had to get a back seat to haul my *** trophy around in, he loves it too so win/win.

System consists of:

Head Unit: Kenwood KDC-BT945U

Front Stage: Alpine Type-S 6-1/2" comps

Front stage amp: old Kenwood 50x2

Subs: (2) Image Dynamics ID8

Sub amp: PPI PCX1250

Sub Box: 1.25 cube ported @ 36Hz

I upgraded the stock alt to a 140amp Escalade/Tahoe/etc alt, Big 3 and 2ga power cables.

Before:

Now:

Nice. im tuned in. I always like to check out out others blazer builds that people have

Yeah, I've been into car audio for many years, since the days of Scott Buwalda and Richard Clark with his $10k amp challenge and 4" mids under the dash of his grand national. These days I just lurk mostly.

I hear ya, it's hard to spread my money out when the Mustang takes all of it! There are some impressive builds on here, it's always a learning experience to me.

I'm wanting to upgrade this system and build a false floor to hide the amps and wires, I hate how it's all spread out right now (PPI amp is behind the box). Would adding 2 more 8's make a significant improvement or should I shoot for a pair of 12's? I normally listen to bass heavy music and sometimes these leave me lacking.

Man, reminds me of 1998 when I had that exact Chevy. It was great and I like what you have done. I drove mine into the ground Nd then some. Like your system, enjoy!

OK, I'm going to build a new box for 2 12's in the next few weeks. Should I go port back/subs up, port up/subs up, port side/subs up, port side/subs back? Or any variation ya'll recommend?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.