Bit by the bass bug but need to stay practical

Thanks for the info. LMI was the only company I could find that sold the lift kits. A sub box retailer sold the kit with a box I assume that was LMI too. When I get around to it I will be building the box. The only reason I bought this box was because of time and cost plus I didnt know I would get the bass bug again I thought just a little extra bass would be good enough.

Thats basically the same box I have except 10 inches longer. Its interesting both boxes claim .8 cube which makes me wonder which ones wrong because I cant imagine the port takes up that much room. I will have to figure mine out. That box looks like it has the same problem my box does. The legs are only an inch and a quarter so you really need a sub with a inverted surround to not hit the floor.

So I built a super ghetto ported box out of a old sealed 12" box I had laying around. Its to small on airspace and not the shape I need for my truck but I wanted to get an idea of what that sub would sound like ported. I have to say I am thrilled. It plays much much lower now and the output is great. I have had sealed and ported boxes before but the difference it made in this sub really surprised me. I wouldnt mind a little lower and would like louder but I think I might get both of them out of a better box. Now all I have to do is find room in my truck to fit it.

So for the first time in about 10 years I decided to install a stereo system in my truck. I wanted to keep some under seat storage and I am limited on room because I have two car seats. I bought a skar vd-10 and a prefab sealed box at .8 cube. I was pretty pleased with it its output and sq up until last week when for a laugh I put my old re hc 15" in with a tiny sealed box. It played so much lower and louder it was great only problem is theres no way I can fit a 15" in my truck not to mention that sub really needs a 4 cube box ported nice and low. So by the time I took the 15 out and started playing the 10 again I was already broken. The lack of low end and output compared to the 15 leaves me wanting more. So the question is with my limited space how can I get more. I was thinking of either getting a seat lift kit and squeezing ever inch of space out of it and making a ported box for the vd or possibly doing a center console box so I dont have to lift the seat. So my main question is am I ever going to get the output I want and low end out of a 10 without making a huge crazy box?
u came to the wrong place they do not do practical or cheap here lol but not kidding.. lot of peeps buying Rockville amps cause they have return policy and they are cea rated (better than mine)..

Id port 2 sa8v3 tuned around 32-33. Would only take 1.5cu
^^Yes.
2 high power 8's would do it.
Wow I thought dual 8's would require more than 1.5 ported. 1.5 is completely doable. What kind of output should I expect with a setup like that?

Boomin you said you designed a box for my truck before. Was it front firing and what size was it? How was the volume and output of it?

Sa8s only need .75 per. I did 1 sa8 in my brothers Silverado in .8cu @33 on 750w and it slammed dang hard for 1 8. 2 of them in a good box should easily break 140

Wow I thought dual 8's would require more than 1.5 ported. 1.5 is completely doable. What kind of output should I expect with a setup like that?
Boomin you said you designed a box for my truck before. Was it front firing and what size was it? How was the volume and output of it?
I designed it out of thin air, sort-of-speak but it was for under rear seat and has 2 8's with port on same plane as subs, front/port firing. I can't get to the pics because my Google Sketch expired (30 day trial). Imo, it looks pretty ******.

Sa8s only need .75 per. I did 1 sa8 in my brothers Silverado in .8cu @33 on 750w and it slammed dang hard for 1 8. 2 of them in a good box should easily break 140
I designed it out of thin air, sort-of-speak but it was for under rear seat and has 2 8's with port on same plane as subs, front/port firing. I can't get to the pics because my Google Sketch expired (30 day trial). Imo, it looks pretty ******.
Thanks for all the info guys. Thats all sounds pretty promising. I just took some measurements and unfortunately I dont see how I can fit front firing 8" subs under my seat. The sealed box I bought is 8.25 at the tallest point and it touches my seat. Its looking like I will need a seat lift kit before I can fit an 8" sub in there. Its looking like I just might have to build a box for the 10" I have until im ready to dump a bunch of money one new subs and a seat lift kit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.