BIG3 wondering if you guys could help?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Adamsauve
10+ year member

michigan
im gettin my car back this weekend, and i wanna do the big3 to it.

and was wondering a couple things..

i know the basics, but im not sure if i can get through everything being an amatuer.. so if i post pictures can u guys like edit them telling me where to put all the wires?? i can take pics from all angles to help.

also i got about 30 extra feet of 4g wire, would this be just as efficient as the 1/0 g for the big3?

im gettin my car back this weekend, and i wanna do the big3 to it. and was wondering a couple things..

i know the basics, but im not sure if i can get through everything being an amatuer.. so if i post pictures can u guys like edit them telling me where to put all the wires?? i can take pics from all angles to help.

also i got about 30 extra feet of 4g wire, would this be just as efficient as the 1/0 g for the big3?
You might only need 4 gauge, depending on what your running.

What are you running?

Should be fine with the 4 gauge for now. There's a few threads on where to run the Big 3 wires... Alternator positive to battery positive is one, Battery ground to chassis is another and the last one I believe is engine block to chassis or frame. I did a 4th one too in mine, did the negative from the alternator to the battery, some cars don't have a negative from the alternator.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.