One or two batteries?

your best bet is probably 2 batts to be on the safe side.

I would assume you'll be running more than just the one Orion amplifier in your ride..right?

as well better to have battery power to spare whether it be for now or future upgrades than to be maxxing out what you have now

So just one 2400 under the hood? I'm getting one Friday and am seriously considering a second battery. right now i'm stock under the hood. i was thinking of getting one more to put in the trunk, but if i can save the money i would like to just get one new one under the hood.

that's what i was thinking as well. but i'm not really sure if an HC 2400 will fit under the hood, and i'm getting one for $130 so i can't turn it down. My question is, if it doesn't, will it be fine in the back with the stock in the front?

or anything less powerful under the hood. should the one up front be bigger than the one in the back, or at least equal size? or will it not make a difference since it's still the same amount of power?

or anything less powerful under the hood. should the one up front be bigger than the one in the back, or at least equal size? or will it not make a difference since it's still the same amount of power?
Shouldn't make a difference. You want a good deep cycle battery under the hood, it won't matter which battery is bigger but you should try to keep them roughly the same type and age. Meaning you can run an Optima and Kinetik with no problems, but they won't work as well as having something like a Kinetik and a regular lead acid battery. This is what most manufacturers will tell you, the science of it all is something that I'm still learning so I couldn't explain it all to ya.

well that helps better than nothing, and you can surely explain it better than myself. I think I am going with a yellow top under the hood and the Kinetic in the trunk, or vice versa. that should do it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.