Bi Amp components with single 4 channel amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

corysquires

AZ
Is it possible to bi amp a set of JBL p660 with passive crossovers, by running a single 4 channel amp in full mode. (Sound Quebed 90.4)

By doing the following:

Amp channel 1 & 3 to the first crossover

Amp channel 2 & 4 to the second crossover

Will this remain in stereo, trying to avoid bridging both channels mono..

Bridge channels 1and 2 to the crossover and same for 3 and 4. You want to bridge the channels and not just use 2 channels to drive 1 set of components.

I just caught the mono part. There is an old secret to bridging a 4 channel amp to stereo. It's not the easiest but I'll explain best i can.

1) i would remove the battery

2) jack the car up and remove the drivers front wheel

3) pull out your radio and set it on your work bench.

4) locate your catalytic converter and attach a ground strap, ground that to your factory stereo ground.

5) the part on your radio cage that says up.... face it down.

6) take the back off your head unit and desolder the rca connections.

7) resolder them so that the front rca's are right channel only and the rear are left channel only.

8) reasemble everything and bridge your amplifier.

BOOM!!!! YOU NOW HAVE STEREO SEPERATION IN BRIDGED MODE!!!!

Less adventure and fun would be to use y splitters at the amp to run right to channel 1 and 2 and left to 3 and 4. Some amps can even run bridged off 1 rca input. Or you could just use your 4 channel rca's and put both rights in channel 1 and 2 and lefts in 3&4..... but the first way is preferred.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.