BEWARE: basscort2009, Sprinter Battery Sales!!

You have a tendency for having these kinds of mishaps whether they're your fault or whoever else's. You need to get your stuff together if you're going to be selling these batts like you do

Pointless thread...

Time for the hub... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

Yep this is my third mishap on batts in 3+ years. Sry not everyone of them can go right. But I work 97 hours a week and its hard for me to handle UPS mess ups. It did **** that they destroyed the battery but he got a replacement one when I could. I communicated with him that I was trying to get the tracking number from my buddy who works 3 jobs. So time did play a factor and I can see why he got scared and filed a claim. And I told him the battery would be there that day and he didn't believe me so he filed a claim then bam the batt showed up just like I said. I apologized for the mishap but dude got his battery and now I'm waiting on ups to maybe give me money back for my battery. So I'm gonna be the bad guy still I guess. Lol. I still love everyone on here, you guys are my best of friends. (Flame on!!!) Lol.
This is the exact type of excuses I received every time I asked for a tracking number, or some type of PROOF that the battery was ever sent.

**** straight I filed a paypal claim 2 weeks after the battery was supposed to be sent! I have locked people's ebay accounts, PayPal accounts, and put leans against their assets for a lot less than a $200 battery. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif You have no idea that this is a "business" transaction and you have certain legal obligations for carrying out said transaction.

I will not have my money tied up by some kid on the internet for 2 weeks while you scramble to find a battery to replace one of the 5 you supposedly had anyway!

Nobody works 97 hours a week in America. If you do, I feel sorry for you. Your buddy supposedly works 3 jobs too? Times must be tough in Texas...

I don't like people who lie to me or try to scam me to buy extra time for themselves. This money is not a loan, its a promise to deliver said goods.

I suggest you quit doing business on the internet until you get your act together or work less hours. This is no excuse for not fulfilling your obligations because of work hours.

He sold me batteries that he said were resting at 12.6 volts then when I get them they're at 11.8
That really *****! Anything below 12.5V is considered "bad" by most standards. It would definitely fail a load test.

For those who don't know, a load tester is a handy tool to have:

41%2B8W-M9KJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Item(s) Description/Condition:
rest at 12.7-12.9 each. work perfect and have build date of 09 so there 3 years old.
The battery I received is dated March 08 and as stated above, at the time of testing was 12.6V.

I did a quick search on this guy before I bought the battery, but did not find anything.

Could someone post the vids or threads about Basscort2009?

Thank you!

That really *****! Anything below 12.5V is considered "bad" by most standards. It would definitely fail a load test.
For those who don't know, a load tester is a handy tool to have:

41%2B8W-M9KJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The battery I received is dated March 08 and as stated above, at the time of testing was 12.6V.

I did a quick search on this guy before I bought the battery, but did not find anything.

Could someone post the vids or threads about Basscort2009?

Thank you!
Autozone/VIP usually has a load tester you can use for free as well if you don't feel like buying one yourself.

Yup....if you work 14 hrs a day, 7 days a week....you should not be selling jack to anyone. You do not have the time to do squat.

"Our comp vehicle"......when do you have time to go to a comp? Do they hold midnight comps where you are?

Regardless.....you had the time to email the guy, keep in contact, etc.

UPS may have fukked up the batt, but you were the one who decided to use them for shipping. Your customer shouldn't have to wait for a 3rd party to own up for their mishap. It is the cost of doing business.

Do you think if you ordered a new Dodge from the factory, and the transport guys had it roll off the carier truck, that Dodge would wait to get the payment from the transport company before building another unit and sending it out for you?

I purchased a Sprinter battery from Basscort2009 on Jul 17, 2012 for $200 shipped.
I tell him that the battery is going into a show car and that I want the best one that he has, with little scratches. I understand the battery will have some scratches from installation...and he tells me they might have light scratches.

I receive an email on July 26th saying, "i cant remember what site i sold to you on and i guess erased my pms. anywho. i shipped the battery and they (UPS) absolutly destroyed it before it even made it out the store. they dropped it and it busted open."

I later find out that he doesn't even OWN the batteries and that he is selling/listing them for a friend. They are in a friend's show car, not his!

I tell him that its fine, go ahead and refund my money or send me another battery. He tells me he doesn't have my money to refund and that I have to wait until he receives money from UPS! I request tracking numbers, confirmation emails, claim emails, or any type of PROOF that the battery was ever sent.

None.

I allow a few days for the issue to be resolved and he still doesn't send any copies of the UPS claim emails, tracking number, etc... I tell him he has 2 days to refund my money and he tells me to "hold my horses".

UPS delivers within 5 days to my business ,via ground shipping from TX, on a regular basis.

This goes back and forth until this morning when I filed a PayPal claim on 08/08/2012 around 8AM. The battery suddenly shows up via UPS at around 1PM.

The battery is scratched up, has a few dents...is in otherwise "usable" condition, not leaking. It tests at 12.6V resting voltage, acceptable. I have not load tested the battery yet. It is dated March 08.

I could understand not having the money if he hadn't sold all 5 batteries within days. I could understand not sending a replacement, if he didn't have 5 batteries to begin with. He sells batteries on a regular basis and should have at least $200 to refund or another battery on hand to send out within a few days, not 9.

I can send or post PM's if anyone is interested.

Be warned,

-Bobby
Sry but basscort is 100% legit and if he did do anything wrg it will be taken care of I assure you...

P.S should have asked if he had them on him.. I knew mine was pulled from a FREINDS car!!!! All i did was ask........

Yup....if you work 14 hrs a day, 7 days a week....you should not be selling jack to anyone. You do not have the time to do squat.
"Our comp vehicle"......when do you have time to go to a comp? Do they hold midnight comps where you are?

Regardless.....you had the time to email the guy, keep in contact, etc.

UPS may have fukked up the batt, but you were the one who decided to use them for shipping. Your customer shouldn't have to wait for a 3rd party to own up for their mishap. It is the cost of doing business.

Do you think if you ordered a new Dodge from the factory, and the transport guys had it roll off the carier truck, that Dodge would wait to get the payment from the transport company before building another unit and sending it out for you?
Exactly!

Disturbed471985.....Don't dump in my thread trying to defend this guy.

He is not legit by your very definition.... "should have asked if he had them on him.. I knew mine was pulled from a FREINDS car!!!! All i did was ask........" If you have to ASK if they were in fact in his possession or his friend's car....that is not legit. It should be listed as "selling for a friend"....not that they are in "our" vehicle....especially if it isn't parked right outside his house.

GTFO

He is not legit by your very definition.... "should have asked if he had them on him.. I knew mine was pulled from a FREINDS car!!!! All i did was ask........" If you have to ASK if they were in fact in his possession or his friend's car....that is not legit. It should be listed as "selling for a friend"....not that they are in "our" vehicle....especially if it isn't parked right outside his house.
GTFO
still legit what u lose in this transaction?

I work shift work guys. 4 days at my job. 24 hours a day. So when I come home I have to catch up on my real world stuff. Thanks disturbed! But vwbobby ill keep selling on here anyways I've made hundreds of sales and three went bad. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif thanks for this thread bro I appreciate the attention broham. Lol. Guessing this thread will troll for 14 pages by end of it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

VWBobby

10+ year member
PG and SS nuthugger
VWBobby
West coast
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies