BEWARE: basscort2009, Sprinter Battery Sales!!

VWBobby
10+ year member

PG and SS nuthugger
West coast
I purchased a Sprinter battery from Basscort2009 on Jul 17, 2012 for $200 shipped.

I tell him that the battery is going into a show car and that I want the best one that he has, with little scratches. I understand the battery will have some scratches from installation...and he tells me they might have light scratches.

I receive an email on July 26th saying, "i cant remember what site i sold to you on and i guess erased my pms. anywho. i shipped the battery and they (UPS) absolutly destroyed it before it even made it out the store. they dropped it and it busted open."

I later find out that he doesn't even OWN the batteries and that he is selling/listing them for a friend. They are in a friend's show car, not his!

I tell him that its fine, go ahead and refund my money or send me another battery. He tells me he doesn't have my money to refund and that I have to wait until he receives money from UPS! I request tracking numbers, confirmation emails, claim emails, or any type of PROOF that the battery was ever sent.

None.

I allow a few days for the issue to be resolved and he still doesn't send any copies of the UPS claim emails, tracking number, etc... I tell him he has 2 days to refund my money and he tells me to "hold my horses".

UPS delivers within 5 days to my business ,via ground shipping from TX, on a regular basis.

This goes back and forth until this morning when I filed a PayPal claim on 08/08/2012 around 8AM. The battery suddenly shows up via UPS at around 1PM.

The battery is scratched up, has a few dents...is in otherwise "usable" condition, not leaking. It tests at 12.6V resting voltage, acceptable. I have not load tested the battery yet. It is dated March 08.

I could understand not having the money if he hadn't sold all 5 batteries within days. I could understand not sending a replacement, if he didn't have 5 batteries to begin with. He sells batteries on a regular basis and should have at least $200 to refund or another battery on hand to send out within a few days, not 9.

I can send or post PM's if anyone is interested.

Be warned,

-Bobby

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, whats the best way to test the load?

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

jeebus im not buying or selling from anyone i havent dealt with before. this is getting out of hand
you will buy or sell to me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

BTW, whats the best way to test the load? 

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

you will buy or sell to me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
man i just cant believe it. its like you used to see one or two get a laugh out of it and move on. now everyone is for themselves and doesnt practice good business. i feel sorry for the community

man i just cant believe it. its like you used to see one or two get a laugh out of it and move on. now everyone is for themselves and doesnt practice good business. i feel sorry for the community
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Don't worry, folks.ANT will be adding this site to his esteemed collection soon, then everything will be right with the world.
If that happens,

2/3 of the this site will be automatically banned right off the bat....

Don't worry, folks.ANT will be adding this site to his esteemed collection soon, then everything will be right with the world.
If that happens I will have money to spend on other forums and google adds.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

VWBobby

10+ year member
PG and SS nuthugger
VWBobby
West coast
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies