Better than JL Audio 12W7?

I’m a truly impulsive buyer as well haha. I thought I had my stuff figured but I am about to buy a set of Evil mids and tweeters Instead of my ID comps. I have always loved ssa and will always give them recognition

I’m a truly impulsive buyer as well haha. I thought I had my stuff figured but I am about to buy a set of Evil mids and tweeters Instead of my ID comps. I have always loved ssa and will always give them recognition
You'll be severely disappointed with the evil mids and tweets. I love SSA products but those evil mids and tweets are just absolutely horribly abysmal performance for the price

Stereo Integrity hst11mkll, an fs of less than 20hrtz, and can do wonders in about .5cuft after displacement SEALED. I have used the 18inch version, and I am currently running the 12inch one. The hst11 is basically a zv5 10 for a tiny sealed application. My 12 thrives in .55cuft sealed, and it digs into the lows dude, easily into the 15hrtz range up to about 90hrtz.

You'll be severely disappointed with the evil mids and tweets. I love SSA products but those evil mids and tweets are just absolutely horribly abysmal performance for the price
Thanks for that. I can’t seem to find a whole lot on them. I guess I’ll keep looking around then. I have the ID CXS 64’s so I’ll just use those in my current build for now.

I run the ssa mids and tweets in my truck and they sound pretty good. Where does the horribly abysmal performance come from? Just asking.

I think the ssa mids sound pretty good. I think they could take more power than I’m giving them. Considering swapping them with pwx6’s in the future. From a price vantage point I don’t look at 50$ a driver as a big spend compare to a $500+ Comp set

I run the ssa mids and tweets in my truck and they sound pretty good. Where does the horribly abysmal performance come from? Just asking.
its because I've heard way better for a little cheaper or around the same price bracket. The midbass is slightly on the anemic side, not efficient at all, they dont come alive until you bridge a lot of power to them. Its overhyped just like the stevens audio midbass. As for the tweeter, not airy or resolving at all, very basic consumer (basshead) sounding tweeter just like stuff from sundown's or DD's component sets, but at least those were louder on way less power. Scanspeak discovery series absolutely destroy both the mids and the tweets when it comes to high resolving face melting SQ, even my massive ct-2 tweeters are way better than the evils on both SQ and outputand they are at 54.99 a pair, The alpine ring radiator tweeters from ebay are 40 dollars and they are several leagues above the evils in terms of sound quality(well they are better than most 150$ and under tweeters) I'd get a pair of Beyma midbasses or faital pros and they'll be far above the evils in performance. Yes the evils i heard were in deadened sealed doors, tweeters were on axis (off sounded way worse) they were on 125 watts of power ran active on an 80 prs. I spent a few hours dialing in the tonality, crossover points, phasing, time correction, and getting soundstage height and width perfected with the independent left and right EQ.

I definitely feel the evil midbass is not suited for an Infinite baffle setup with a deadened door, they feel like they would do much better in a sealed speaker enclosure ported for home use.

I think the ssa mids sound pretty good. I think they could take more power than I’m giving them. Considering swapping them with pwx6’s in the future. From a price vantage point I don’t look at 50$ a driver as a big spend compare to a $500+ Comp set
pwxs are more of dedicated midbass than midrange, their upper midrange is lacking hence why i use them in a 3 way active front. I might be swapping out for some PRV neo 10s with a taramps 2000.4, reduce the need for a 3 way active and free up some kick panel room.

pwxs are more of dedicated midbass than midrange, their upper midrange is lacking hence why i use them in a 3 way active front. I might be swapping out for some PRV neo 10s with a taramps 2000.4, reduce the need for a 3 way active and free up some kick panel room.
I defintely should be giving my evil mids more power. Even at 150 they’re anemic as you say. Can you link those faitals or beymas

I defintely should be giving my evil mids more power. Even at 150 they’re anemic as you say. Can you link those faitals or beymas
even tho its 8 ohms its ridiculously louder than most mids out there with a clean high resolution sound out the box.

This is the refined cousin of the pwx that does everything cleaner but not as midbassy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.