better quality subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

djeazie
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
n.w. ohio
I know I will get flamed for asking but....... I have had these Kenwood subs for a while now and they are ok. I know with my amp and setup there has to be better sound to be had. My question is if I were to buy a better set of subs what differences would I notice. Would they get louder or cleaner? I know this is a dumb ass question but I gotta know what I will be gaining. I have been looking at JL 10w3v3s' and Diamond D6s' I am open minded to other suggestions but I am an SQL guy. Im debaiting between new subs or a front stage (which is also long over due! ts-c720prs) I just wanna know where to put my money first.

I know I will get flamed for asking but....... Would they get louder or cleaner?
Yes and yes. There are a lot of very efficient subs that will "hit" harder, go deeper, and pressurize the cabin better. The things that you MUST decide before going ANY further are:

1) How much space you are willing to sacrifice?

2) Are you willing to switch enclosure sizes and/or enclosure types?

3) How much power do you have into what Ohm load(s) and/or are you going to upgrade your amplifier?

4) How much are you willing to spend on what size of subwoofer(s)?

5) What is your overall goal - just to be loud and that's it or do you want it to sound decent or good while being loud?

6) Probably a host of other questions/considerations, but telling the forum your ideas/goals will usually get more responses.

Yes and yes. There are a lot of very efficient subs that will "hit" harder, go deeper, and pressurize the cabin better. The things that you MUST decide before going ANY further are:
1) How much space you are willing to sacrifice?

2) Are you willing to switch enclosure sizes and/or enclosure types?

3) How much power do you have into what Ohm load(s) and/or are you going to upgrade your amplifier?

4) How much are you willing to spend on what size of subwoofer(s)?

5) What is your overall goal - just to be loud and that's it or do you want it to sound decent or good while being loud?

6) Probably a host of other questions/considerations, but telling the forum your ideas/goals will usually get more responses.
1. I already have the enclosure so.... its 2cu.ft ported tuned to 35hz

2. the enclosure is custom to fit under my rear seat. Dont want to part w/ it.

3. My zx750.1 birthsheeted at 930 watts @ 2ohm. No plan to upgrade.

4. Around 300 a pair.

5. More than anything I want it to sound nice and hopefully be louder than what I have now.

6. Sorry I didnt make myself more clear. Just dont want anybody to tell me to buy Type Rs. Not that they are a bad sub I just want something different. I really havent liked any of the Type R sets I have heard.

The cvx requires to big of a ported enclosure. I have a 2cuft box total for both subs. I really dont know how to make the correct decision here.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.